Guestbook Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent help with guestbook

Did you publish the page ? BV automatically uploads all necessary files. If it is not showing, you have done something wrong.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Yes I published the page, and with a copy of info on what to do next waiting next to me.
      After I published I went to the url of my site+guestbook to leave a message as told, but then found nothing there?

Should I make a new page and delete the one thats there, and try again?

Thanks for all you help and patience navaldesign, I really appreciate it

Karin
      Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

www.nativetreasures.co.uk

Comment

I would need your guestbok page link. However, it is late here (00:15) so since you are in UK, see you tomorrow morning (unless someone else takes over).
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

:) ok naval, will leave the link, and see (speak) tomorrow, thanks again!

I will add to this, I just found that it only published 22kb and the one on my local harddrive is 36kb??????
          Theres the problem, but how do I resolve it? delete old make new? I tried publishing again but stays the same??

Karin

Comment

The page is called "guestbook.php" which means that it has the same name as the guestbook file. Use another name for your page or for your guestbook.
            Navaldesign

Comment

YES!YES!YES!!!!! :)

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Navaldesign!!!!
              I changed the name to myguestbook, and, tatatataaaaaaa,...... there it is!!
              Pffff, finally my headache can go away now, I had nightmares about it last night, but now I can breath agai thanks to you!!!!

Really Navaldesign, your an ANGEL!!

Thanks again,
              Karin

Comment

Hi Exprets,

I just tryed to add a guest book to my site, and instead of php content I get an "Internal Server Error" page. What the problem could be?

Thank you in advance,
                Sasha

Comment

Sorry, there is the link to my page: www.pigovat.com/myguestbook.php,
                  or www.pigovat.com/guestbook.php to see the guest book directly.

Thank you in advance,
                  Sasha

Comment

Make sure hat prmissions of the file guestbook.php are set to 644
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,

Nice to see someone online

The pernissions are 644. The "Internal Server Error" disappeared. I'm not sure what the problem was, I just changed a link reffered to http://www.pigovat.com/guestbook.html to http://www.pigovat.com/myguestbook.html.
                      Now I have another problem: when I browse to the page (both http://www.pigovat.com/uestbook.php and http://www.pigovat.com/myguestbook.html), I get the following message repeated a couple of times: "Warning: date() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/ixvexljr/public_html/guestbook.php on line 213"

What is the problem now? I didn't change the auto-generated guestbook.php.

Thank you for your help,
                      Sasha

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                        The Viper guestbook found in your control panel under the Fantastico Icon has a moderator mode, meaning you can approve or disapprove the posts before they hit your guestbook. You may wish to try this guestbook out.

I believe with the BV guestbook you can ban url entries which may or may not stop some spanners with their urls ...
                        I can't find Viper in "Fantastico" now. I did last month and clicked on the link. If I remember correctly it said not to download and uninstall if you had it. Like there was a problem or something.
                        When in doubt, Whip it out

Comment

Re: Guestbook Question

hi,
                          mind if i join your thread?
                          i want to make this page www.sportsterridersa.com/forum.html into a members only section. so how do i do this?
                          At the moment i can log into the admin thing via www.sportsterriderssa.com/guestbook.php?admin=login but then while i am logged in, i cant see the actual guestbook- only the comments.
                          am i doing something wrong?
                          or is a guestbook not able to be password protected? if not, what else do i use? because i dont want to download a forum program or anything.

jess
                          www.sportsterriderssa.com

Comment

Originally posted by jessyh89 View Post
                            hi,
                            mind if i join your thread?
                            i want to make this page www.sportsterridersa.com/forum.html into a members only section. so how do i do this?
                            At the moment i can log into the admin thing via www.sportsterriderssa.com/guestbook.php?admin=login but then while i am logged in, i cant see the actual guestbook- only the comments.
                            am i doing something wrong?
                            or is a guestbook not able to be password protected? if not, what else do i use? because i dont want to download a forum program or anything.

jess
                            >>> http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/cpa...2_protect.html
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hey, i have already watched this turorial a number of times but i dont know how to work it out for my site. how do i know which directory the page is in? or do i have to make a new one? if so, how?
                              www.sportsterriderssa.com

Comment

Hi there, I'm new here.

Questions about guestbook: I can't find my 'guestbookdb.php' on my pc so I couldn't upload it. However, I find it in my server, public_html forder, it's already there! Very confusing!

Then I tried to change the permission of the file from 644 to 777 as tutorial mentioned. However, it did not chage! What should I do?

the gestbook is showing and seems working. But can I hide the messages input by visitors?

Thanks for you help!

Comment

Working...
                                X