Guestbook Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guestbook Question

I am having similar problems to others. I have setup Guestbook in my page feedback.html

I have published but the guestbookdb does not appear. There is a guestbook.php. Maybe php is not installed??
    Error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@jacklovelock.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.jacklovelock.com Port 80
    Cheers,
    Muzz

Comment

the file is automatically uploaded. You can't see it in your computer because it is part of the BV executable. Permissions should be 644. The file that is created (guestbookdb.txt) should be changed to 777, and only if required.

Not sure what you mean by "Hide the messages input by visitors". I mean, that's what a guestbook is supposed to be there for, isn't it ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I cannot login to delete my guestbook comments. There is only one spot there there is no room for password and for username. Am i supposed to have another password for guestbook?

Comment

In BlueVoda, double click the guestbook, and go in Advanved. Check the "Show Admin Link" checkbox, so it will appear in your guestbook for you to enter the administration mode. Save, publish the page, and test
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi naval, thanx for zour help,
            can you tell me how do I control who post the comments on mz guestbook, because I have spammers all over the place, and it is really killing the vibe of my artistic website.
            Thank you

Comment

You can't really. You can only monitor it (check the "Enable email notification" option) and delete spam posts.

Gustbooks have this problem, as they are always there for people to sign and post.
              Navaldesign

Comment

where is that option at ,in blue voda or when I do admin login
                thanks

Comment

As i already said, in BlueVoda, Double click the Guestbook and go in Advanced. Tick that checkbox.

Publish again.

At this point, the Admin Login link should appear in your Online page.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi there!

I´ve got a completely new problem with my guestbook, I read this thread and was able to create a guestbook, but now I get some kind of code or error message at the corner of my guestbook. Can you please help me?
                    You can find my guestbook here, don´t let it bother that it´s in finnish

Comment

Hi!

I wonder if anyone can help me with this guestbook problem..

I've done everything as discribed with the php file upload etc.. but still when I open the webpage..the guestbook is a white blank box.. I can't find any space to put in a test-message..

So please help me!

thanks a bunch in advance
                      Caroline

Comment

anyone read my previous message?

Please help...still that box is white and blank.. I've done everything as ordered. The php file, presettings to 744 etc etc..

I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out... anyone help?

Comment

I can see your guestbook, actually i have even entered a test post. However, you have surely mistakken something! How is it possible that the guestbookdb.php , which is an INTERNAL file (should never appear) appears and it also has a header on top ????

Please repeat the installation. Your guestbook page should be named something else, and there is no need to be php, it can also be html.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign!

Will try that!

Comment

Working...
                            X