Pop Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pop Ups

I would like to create a pop window to start before one enters my home page. Can anyone offer some help please.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      However, the popup code is:

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain/yourpage.html', '','width=300,height=300'); return false;"
      If you are indeed using BV, paste the above code in the URL field in the Link Properties window.

Hello navaldesign,

I am using the above code with a button and it works very well.

Can You help me and explain me how I can use it with a text link during runtime:
      I am using the following code on a table:

<td><center>$link_display_popup</center></td>

Can You tell me how I can populate the $link_display_popup variable ?

I want the $link_display_popup to open a popup window and if it was a button I would use on the onclick value the following code:

window.open(include/popup_status_obra.php, '','scrollbars=1,width=600,height=300,left=150,top =250'); return false;

Can You(or anyone else), please help ?
      Thanks in advance,
      pipesportugal

Comment

Please clarify: you want to create a php variable, that will contain the link to open in the popup, and then place it inside a table cell ? Like in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/Tips/test_table_link.php ?

If that is the case, you need to do 2 things:

1. Define the $link_display_popup , placing somewhwre in your Start of page:

<?
        $link_display_popup = '<font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial"><a href="#" onClick="window.open(\'page_to_open.html\', \'\',\'width=700,height=700\'); return false;"" class="link_style">Link to open in Pop Up</a></font';
        ?>

2. In your table cell, if it is a BV table, right click the cell, and paste in the Inside Tag:

><?echo $link_display_popup;?>

That's all.

Else, if it is a hand coded table, in the limits of the specific cell code type:

<TD align="center" valign="middle" ><?echo $link_display_popup;?>></td>

You can customize the parts in red according to your needs.

Have a look at this example: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/Tips/test_table_link.php
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navaldesign,

One of the things that confuses me more at php is the use of the ' and the ".

I needed to change the example you showed here, because the "Link to open in popup" was/is also a php variable (called $status).

So on the screen I was geting the word $status instead of "Active", "Not Active",etc.

I made so many changes and started from begining so many times, but finally I got into this:

$link_show_status_explanation = '<a href="#" onClick="window.open(\'include/popup_status.php\', \'\',\'width=550,height=200,left=150,top=250\'); return false;"">';
          $link_show_status_explanation .= $status;
          $link_show_status_explanation .= "</a>";

and at the table I did:
          echo "<td><center>$link_show_status_explanation</center></td>";

that did it for me.

Thank You so much!

pipesportugal

Comment

That's excactly what i had in my example, the only difference, as you said, that the displayed text should also be a variable. But the code is the same.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X