Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add a simple password protected area to my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I add a simple password protected area to my site?

Shut down your browser. Open it again, and click on this link:

You will see it is asking for username/password.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your patience!
      I realise I hadn't got 'members' included in my link.
      Many thanks,
      Richard

Comment

Hi again!
        I seem to be having a strange problem with setting the password itself now.
        I have been into Control Panel and set up a user 'aycliffe' and a password 'acorn123'. (i.e. between 6 and 8 characters)
        When I try to enter the directory through my 'members only' navigation button, the password request panel comes up but when I type the user name and the password I just get the panel back again. I've tried repeating this, as I read a contributor to another forum once did, but still just get the panel. If, however I just enter the user name and click OK (i.e. ignore the password box) I get through!
        I could live with this but would rather have a password as well as a user name for privacy.
        Any thoughts, please?
        Thanks,
        Richards

Comment

Recreate the username and password for this folder and test again.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HiI removed the user and entered them again. Got a message 'user aycliffe has the password acorn123'. Went into the site from scratch but same thing happened - works without password but not with!
            Richard

Comment

I keep trying but still the same result.
              Does any-one have any ideas, please?!

Comment

Please submit a support ticket. No one else can help you without entering your account, so it will be better if the help desk takes care of this issue
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X