Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on how to make a success link page???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question on how to make a success link page???

pdf is a format from adobe reader and its what most ebooks and booklets are.

If you have a book that you are selling you need to protect it because once the link is out there ANYONE can download it. Once the SE crawls your site.. they INDEX the link and anyone searching for content can find the download and get it without PAYING.

How hard is that to understand? Igave you a link to look at and told you how to find more info and more scripts on google about protecting digital downloads which your booklet would be.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen- no- I understand that part I just don't understand how you would use scripted protection that I don't get.But thanks for the explanation,I didn't know about the crawls and that is good to learn about.Now about that script can you help please, how do I apply it to my site?(hows your head need a pain killer)
      LaDelle

Comment

Hey Karen can I ask you another question seens I am already tormenting you?If I use a protect page to protect a few pages in my web site do I need to use single protect page also?
        LaDelle

Comment

Youd have to read their documentation. I cant answer that. They would explain it to you im sure. Each program/script has its own set of directions and protocols. I mean i could install it for you.. but im not in business to do it for free. I have all i can do to answer questions here for free.. Navaldesign is another person you can contact to assist you and his services arent free either. He could probably make a script for you..but its probably just as cheap to buy one and try it yourself first.

You need to slow down and do ONE step at a time, figure it out and move on.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank-you for answering all of my questions and being there your service is awesome, I am feeling very overwhelmed about making my web page I knew it was going to hard.Heres one more question on this script question if you don't mind okay? once I find a script can I apply it to bluevoda 11?
            LaDelle

Comment

You dont apply it to the builder and then add LINKS.. You apply it to the download.. so YES

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Humm interresting thank-you, does bluevoda have script somewhere on this site to watch and learn how to add it to my download?
                LaDelle

Comment

Question on using the protect page please???

Hi can someone please help with this question.If I use a protect page to protect a few pages in my web site do I need to use single protect page also?As they said what it is for and how to apply it to your page just drag and drop but they didn't say if you just needed the protect page or or if you needed both.
                  LaDelle

Comment

Re: Question on using the protect page please???

The "protect page" does not realy protect your page. it is similar to the error or success page feature when using forms.

"protect page" allows you to specify a page that u want the user to be sent to if he or she is not signed in.
                    Click on the lock to open the properties box ==> click on AccessDeniedPage (explanation appears at bottom)
                    now u can click on the small white box behind or the "..." box to enter the link to the page

As for the "Protect Single Page", I have not gotten this to work yet.

The tutorials should be out soon.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

NOOOOOO...

It CANT. It wont know which one you will use either. The maker of the script will have this info.

Beating a dead horse now!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Question on using the protect page please???

Thank-you,your are awesome, totally understood what you said,thank-you .Can I ask you travlinman what you would suggest for protecting a download for a beginner with my experience cause your good at this stuff and explaining to a beginner like me to make me understand it?Please and thank-you.
                        From a very beginner LaDelle

Comment

Question on script please???

Hi,can someone tell me please,in bluevoda version 11 there is a script in there one option is VB script and the other is Javascript can these be used to protect a download link from the ftp file manager?Or if that script won't work can any body suggest one that will please???www.fitness-nutrition-online.com
                          Thanks-LaDelle

Comment

Re: Question on script please???

VB and Javascript are client side browser langauge. That is script written in either generally will only effect content in the users browser after it is loaded.

Anyhow, I am not sure if you mean protecting a file that you see in your file manager, or to protect the actual file manager (in which case it is already protected, you don't have to worry)

If you mean protecting a file that you see when you use your file manager, no VB nor Javascript is capable of protecting these files from being downloaded. You need a server side script (such as php or cgi) or build in server functionality (such as the password protected directory) to protect them.

I hope that helped, if not reply and I will try to explain further.

Register/Login Script
                            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi thank-you for your answer.No,totally understood you,you are AWESOME at detail description which I totally need and thank you very much again for that.Can I ask you another question please?Where would I get a server side script (such as php or cgi) or build in server functionality (such as the password protected directory) to protect my script?For the bluevoda 11 version please?
                              LaDelle

Comment

I told you that. If you want to protect your download thats exactly WHERE AND WHAT IT IS.

We discussed THOROUGHLY that whats built into bv will NOT protect your download from being stolen.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                                X