"Show" function of Events in Image Prop's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Show" function of Events in Image Prop's

Lately I've been trying the functions of the Events tab in the Image Properties tool. I see how "SetImage" works--it fills the entire area of image A with the stretched version of image B--but I'm having trouble with the "Show" function.

I've tried placing image A in front of image B, and setting A (when clicked or moused over or whatever) to show B, but when I preview the page and try it, image B won't show like (I think) it should. Any advice? Thanks.

Re: "Show" function of Events in Image Prop's

Without looking at anything youve published I can only guess to a degree.

The show on mouseover event needs to have somewhere to show it doesn't it?

If you look at my page as an example, when you click on a players name I have set the event as 'onmouseover', action as 'Show' and Target as 'InlineFrame'

So when you click on the names (could be images by the way), the appropriate content is displayed in the I-Frame.

Here is my example

Is this the sort of thing you want to do?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for replying, Darren. The main thing I want to know is the most basic way(s) to use the 'Show' function.

For example, when I begin designing a brand-new BV page, if I first place a shape on it, and double-click the shape to get to Shape Properties > Events > Add, I can specify an Event (such as onMouseover), an Action (such as Show) and a Target object to show.

But "Shape1" is the only choice in the dropdown list for "Target", unless I place another shape or image on the page. And once I place that second object on the page, it's visible--that is, 'showing'--unless I put the initial shape (or some other object) in front of it.

If I put the initial shape in front of the newer object, and program the shape to 'show' that object when the shape is clicked (or moused over, whatever), nothing happens: the object doesn't show.

So . . . what is the point of this 'Show' function (and how do I make it work)? I can only guess that it's for making objects "hidden" on the page appear when you want them to, but I can't even get it to do that. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Let me back track a moment so I can fully understand.

1) You have 'image A' and 'image B' yes?

2) Is image A a smaller verion of Image B?

Forget about show events and what you've done so far. Describe to me what you are trying to achieve because there might be a simpler way of doing this.

Post your url so I can see your site. It might help me to understand
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I'm not trying to achieve anything (yet) . . . I'm just trying to understand how 'Show' works. This is how I am with any web site tool: First I try it out, make sure I see how it works, THEN I think about specific uses of it for my web sites. I want to know how every tool in BV works.

Here is a (very simple) page I've added for purposes of our discussion. All it has is a shape (square) in front of an image of a microphone:

I've programmed the shape to 'Show', onClick, Image1 (the microphone). When you click the square, does that image appear? It doesn't for me, and I don't understand why. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how 'Show' is supposed to work, but so far no one's told me that.

Comment

OK Thats what i thought you were trying to do but It is not as straight forward as that.

I did demonstrate above how to you use the 'show' feature where the 'target' was set to the I-Frame. I used click text but you can also use images. You have to tell it where you want to see it.

The I-frame can be as big or small as you like and it is ideal for displaying published pages or published images, using the 'events' method.

As an alternative you can use the 'rollover feature' in BV (see left hand side of builder) commonly used for navigation buttons. You could image1 as the primary image and image 2 as the mouse over image (the images can be completely different) and set it to click to another page if you wish. Edit: Test it. I havent actually done it!!
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I've tested roller option and it dont work
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Here are 2 examples for showing showing you how to show 2nd image in an I Frame or in a pop up window

CLICK HERE
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Dear DarrenC, my name is Luca.

I need to do exactly what you did in the last example you've posted: clicking a button, a shape, a text or whatever, and have an image shown in a part of the page (An i frame? For "I Frame" do you mean a Inline Frame? How does it works?).
                  I really don't know how to do!
                  Please, could you tell me EXACTLY, step by step, what i have to do with my buttons (or text, or whatever) and my I frame? (please note that i need a couple of image in the same iframe, just like your first example with the football players...).

Thank you

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by borelloluca View Post
                    Dear DarrenC, my name is Luca.

I need to do exactly what you did in the last example you've posted: clicking a button, a shape, a text or whatever, and have an image shown in a part of the page (An i frame? For "I Frame" do you mean a Inline Frame? How does it works?).
                    I really don't know how to do!
                    Please, could you tell me EXACTLY, step by step, what i have to do with my buttons (or text, or whatever) and my I frame? (please note that i need a couple of image in the same iframe, just like your first example with the football players...).

Thank you

Luca
                    Hi Luca

What do you want to click on? text links like my players page or do you want to click on images?
                    In either case we need to set up an event so whatever is clicked is displayed in the I-Frame.

I know if you double click an image, there will be am 'events' tab but I got a sneaky feeling BV don't support an 'event' on a text link.

To test highlight some text > Right Click > Link. If you see an 'events' tab then we are good. If not you'll have to use images.

Have a look let me know and I'll explain how to do it. I would check myself but i expect your version of BV is more up to date than mine.

Darren
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren, it's very kind of you.

Now i'm not in office and have not te software installed in this pc, so i will answer to you on monday!

Thank you!

Comment

Dear Darren, here we are.

as you felt, image properties have an event tab and text have not (but text can be published as an image, getting the event tab available i think).

I'm going to explain what i'm trying to do: in the same page i'd like to have a logo (the only thing i could do), a gallery or a slide show (better, if possible, by i cannot find out if the "conveyer belt" is the same thing), and two or three "buttons" (or wathever the visitor can click) showing a brief text about "who are we", "contacts" and "services" or similar.

The best should be that both text and images were displayed in the same iframe (or "section" in the page: i don't understand if a iframe can display more than one object): so, in the upper section of the page, under the logo, i've created the thumbnails of image to be displayed (but i can't make them works, i know although that i can use the lightbox), and in the left side of the page the three buttons that should display the text.

So, how i frame works? I've tried to call up one with a button, but in the preview it is already displayed and the button does nothing!

Comment

Dear Darren,

I solved all my doubt and problems (incredible!), but thank you very much for the attention!

Comment

Good for you and you are welcome!
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                            X