Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding PDFs and hit counters

Hi,
    I'm just getting used to Bluevoda at the moment and been through the tutorials.
    Just wondering how you add PDFs for people to download, and I'd like to have a hit counter for the front of the site. This is important for my site because the PDFs are webcomics for people to look at, and the hit count will be for advertisers.

Re: Adding PDFs and hit counters

.pdf's you simply upload to the server via FTP. In BV Click Tools>FTP Manager. Connect. On the left you see your PC Files. On the right your Server Files. So find your pdf and drag/copy it to the right to where you see all the other pages of your site.

The url of this would then be something like http://www.mysite.com/mydoc.pdf

Here is a link to where you can get stat counters http://www.website-hit-counters.com/
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Brilliant, thanks a lot Darren!

Comment

You are welcome!!
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Just been trying to add the pictures. However it keeps saying it "doesn't connect." I haven't set up the hosting yet, is that why it's not working?

Comment

Originally posted by WillTurner View Post
            Just been trying to add the pictures. However it keeps saying it "doesn't connect." I haven't set up the hosting yet, is that why it's not working?
            Sure .... that would be why .. your pages/images/documents do not have a home - home = hosting!!

Welcome to Voda Hosting and the free Blue Voda Website Builder!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
              Sure .... that would be why .. your pages/images/documents do not have a home - home = hosting!!

Welcome to Voda Hosting and the free Blue Voda Website Builder!!
              In retrospect, realised silliness of question (signed up yesterday having got the funds to do it!)

However, a couple more problems- I've got my login and password, but it's not letting me on the FTP server.

Also on a seperate issue, I made a forum with Fantastico and it's not linking to that either!

Comment

Working...
              X