Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Text to Image in BV?

Hiya,

Is there a way to change into an image in Bluevoda? I need to make my title logo (and want to keep the transparency), but I'd fear if not everyone has the correct font installed. If I can make the text in BV into an image, it would be great.

Thanks again

TS

Re: Change Text to Image in BV?

Ts-

Yes you can but it is a little involved. Here is a way in which you can do it.
    1. Open up MS Office and type the logo in the size and font that you like.
    2. Now take a screen shot (press print screen on top keys next to scroll lock usually)
    3. Open MS Paint and go to edit and then click paste.
    4. This will place the print screen on the work area.
    5. Use the select tool and select the logo and then Edit>cut
    6. Go File>new and then say no when prompted to save old work
    7. When blank page opens- Edit>past and you logo is now there.
    8. Change the image attributes to be the size you like and also
    make sure to click on the transparent button.
    9. Click on save as and choose gif as the transparent process only
    works with gif's.

That is the general manner in which to accomplish what you are asking for.

If you have problems- e-mail me the doc file with your logo in it and I will create it and send it back to you. keith@netisopen.com

Cheers,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

I actually just tried a similar process last night - I made a gif in photoshop - also because I need the "TM" (little trademark insignia) next to the logo.

--Unfortunately, when I put the gif into BV, the edges look very jagged. I am not sure how to solve this yet.

--I also noticed some trouble with BV, and am wondering how to solve it - I even see it on your site. Some of your pictures are covering some of your text, and some of it seems off. (If you'd like me to send you a screenshot of it let me know).
      I wonder if it's the same problem I'm having - What I see in my BV editor is not the same as what I'm seeing in my browser - my text, and certain sizes of things are in different places. :(

I thought maybe it is because I am on a widescreen laptop; but then I changed my resolution to 1024x768 and still see the same problems.

I will keep trying to read the forums to find an answer as well...thanks, Andy

TS

Comment

The problem of the overlap is due to a text setting in your browser. Check out this small video example and solution;

http://www.netisopen.com/computer/VT/firefox.wmv

Also- for the gif edge problem. Try giving it a slight blur. I had a similar
        problem and corrected it this way with out degrading the picture.

Let me know if I can be of help with the picture thing.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

TS-

Also consider this- the picture you create can also be made to have a background the exact color of your web page thus negating the need to save in gif format for the transparency. That would take care of the jagged edge problem also.

Just a thought.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi I found the same probleme with my logo, but andy is right, I guess putting what ever you like as photos in a the background will help, I think Voda people are working on solving that. As we know, to promote your skin, don't expose it all in a day. (Ozzy Proverb).
            The Producer

Comment

I did use the solution re: gifs - and made my background for my logo white instead of transparent and that solved that - thanks Andy.

The concern I have with the text jumbling though, is that all my browser settings are default - and I've never seen text jumbling problems in sites other than several I looked at yesterday made with BV. See what I mean? It's best if the editor conforms to people's browser defaults, rather than having to change the browser...it's like solving a problem backwards, making everyone who sees my site have to go and change their browser settings.

Anyway, I tried using tables to hold all text on the site and that seems to help - out of curiosity, are you using tables on your site to hold your text?

And NiteProducer - thanks, I understand what you mean - Vodahost is working on the issues, which I can appreciate. It's just that I wasn't expecting something that you would think should be simple (the text issues) would be complicated - but then, if I could fix programming issues myself, I'd do it! lol :)

Thanks again,

TS

Comment

TS-
                Glad you got the gif thing sorted out. Text jumbo is another story. Tables will definetly help keep that from happening. No I have not used tables and a few people have said that the text moves about on my page- but that is a very small percentage of viewers.

You could have a small caption on your site "Best viewed at medium text setting and with IE". Or- "If experience viewing problems- adjust text viewing size".

I agree to try to meet the needs of the lowest common denominator (default or common settings) but...... one needs to cut and run at a certain point. So do what you can but don't pull to many hairs if once in a while someone says, "Hey I viewed your site and......"

Hope that helps.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Dear Americankiwi,
                  Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gluey. Sticky is off sick today, so I am standing in for him. I am new to this job, so I am eager to please my boss.

It seems to me that the mantra being used in this thread, "Neither Rome nor my website will be built in a day", is in direct conflict with the Blue Voda slogan of "Build your web site in 30 minutes."

As I am new to this job, I am not allowed to ban any postings yet, so I am considering the following punishments:

1. Calculate the typing speed of the avatar in davidundalicia' avatar.
                  2. Count the number of words that Andy128 has written in all the forums since he joined.
                  3. Write the code to allow SChajin's poor buddy bunny to jump out of the microwave when you click on it.
                  4. Change to your mantra to "Rome wasn't built in a day, because Caesar didn't know about Blue Voda 8."

Regards,
                  Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                  www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Haha.. Can *a* website be built in a day by BlueVoda? Yes, I've no arguments there.

But can *MY* website be built in a day? I wish!!! ;)

Thanks guys - will keep plugging away...

TS

Comment

Working...
                    X