Porta -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Porta -

look forward to seeing the finished item.

Comment

Kassi59:

Dear General, let me see if I'v got this right, you want to put a program within a program? If you can get it to work I would love to copy you.
      I could load my dogs gallery by using the inframe to seperate the gallery into breeds and have those galleries come up individually in the inframe.
      I'm thinking thats what I'm hearing. wouldn't be the first time I was confused. Anyway the chicken I am will wait for your trial to prove this Idea.

Comment

Hi circuspet
        the young lady made it work have a look here

Comment

i have put 5 albums on one page using Porta - but not using an I frame - would this work for you? http://www.movingon1.com/porta.html
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

asirimarco:

what I really need is a brain, but for the time I would like to load 140albums (common breeds) each with the potential of several hunderd photos. all accessable from the one page dogs gallery. every time I think I have an answer the numbers kill me and thats just the dogs. was thinking of making a page for each breed then building galleries accordingly

Comment

Thats a alot of albums with a lot of pics. you will not be able to use the iframe as there will be to many thumbnails. you might want to try something like this click here then you just have one page with the links on.

Comment

I have been accused of shooting for the stars, but if nobody takes aim at the stars nobody will ever get there. I don't think I can get enough links on one page, so many breeds. what do you think of a page for each breed. That seems like too many pages just for making subsets. I don't have any Idea how big a site can be. I would imagine as big as your wallet. There has to be a value breakdown size vs. cost to optimize building goals.

Comment

Why couldnt you just add more than one I -Frame onto one page? Porta allows up to 20 thumbnails...If you add two frames that would give you 40 pics on one page..but that would be quite a bit Pet for the amount of photos you would have..
                  Have a look at Porta yourself and see if its something you can use.
                  I made a quick page to see if you can use two I-frames with two different porta files... Pets pets It worked...but you may find a better program that will work with more multi photos...email me if you need more input.

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                    Why couldnt you just add more than one I -Frame onto one page? Porta allows up to 20 thumbnails...If you add two frames that would give you 40 pics on one page..but that would be quite a bit Pet for the amount of photos you would have..
                    Have a look at Porta yourself and see if its something you can use.
                    I made a quick page to see if you can use two I-frames with two different porta files... Pets pets It worked...but you may find a better program that will work with more multi photos...email me if you need more input.
                    Ah Kate your just showing off now, clever though

Comment

lol...not trying to Alien...just playing to see if there is a way for pet to use porta ..From using 2 I dont see why one couldnt use more per page?!

Comment

curiosity kill the Kat.....satisfaction brought her back!......lol

Comment

Are you sure porta only does 20 pics, i'm shore i've got more than that in my albums. ( watch this space i bet someone comes up with 4 or 5 ifames on a page ).

Comment

LOL probably!...Im using it now and of course Im not **** with it as of yet, but where it says thumbnails the count is 20..so Im not sure how to get more than that on there..as Ive not taken a photo since beginging here!....lol...how did u get more than that on yours?

Comment

yep, if i remember right put all pic you want into one folder. then when you start porta it ask you to find folder to build album, point it at the folder a press ok, then do the options bit. and way you go.

Comment

Very cool good to know!...so I guess that the thumbnails will come up with an arrow to go to the next sect of pics.......cool...

Comment

Working...
                                X