submit button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: submit button

Hi Navel, I have checked my Vodahost account email it is davewestbrook********.com and this is exactly the same for my personell email.

My domain name is www.golfandgamesfaris.com
    in $mailto= I have tried all sorts of combinations and none seem to work, I must be totally missing something here, please advise what I should write in $Mailto= ............. so close but yet so far !!! I also have a Yahoo address, should I use this one it is westi532000******.co.uk ? if so how should I apply it. Thanks

Westi

Comment

Originally posted by Westi
      Hi Navel, I have checked my Vodahost account email it is and this is exactly the same for my personell email.

My domain name is www.golfandgamesfaris.com
      in $mailto= I have tried all sorts of combinations and none seem to work, I must be totally missing something here, please advise what I should write in $Mailto= ............. so close but yet so far !!! I also have a Yahoo address, should I use this one it is westi532000******.co.uk ? if so how should I apply it. Thanks

Westi
      Westi, it is impossible that davewestbrook********.com is your Vodahost email. This is your hotmail address. Your Vodahost email should look like davewestbrook@golfandgamesafaris.com or, however, as ?????golfandgamesafaris.com. Please use that email in your $mailto=........ If you haven't created an email address on your Vodahost account yet, create one and use it for the script.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

okay thanks, By the way I have entered my yahoo address in the $mailto= area and I am now receiving the info from my booking form on this address. it all seems to be working perfectly, sorry for all the headaches.

Westi.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Westi, it is impossible that davewestbrook********.com is your Vodahost email. This is your hotmail address. Your Vodahost email should look like davewestbrook@golfandgamesafaris.com or, however, as ?????golfandgamesafaris.com. Please use that email in your $mailto=........ If you haven't created an email address on your Vodahost account yet, create one and use it for the script.
          Hi Navel design.

1.I made it into Cpanel created an address called info@golfandgamesafaris.com. I then put this into my $mailto= I tried to send some info through my booking page but nothing came through.
          2. then they ask you to apply this addresss to outlook express. however outlook express does not recognise my hotmail account after entering all the info.
          3.after entering info@golfandgamesafaris into my inside tag should that not suffice. is there more to be done ?

Westi

Comment

Hi Navel design.

1.I made it into Cpanel created an address called info@golfandgamesafaris.com. I then put this into my $mailto= I tried to send some info through my booking page but nothing came through.
            2. then they ask you to apply this addresss to outlook express. however outlook express does not recognise my hotmail account after entering all the info.
            3.after entering info@golfandgamesafaris into my inside tag should that not suffice. is there more to be done ?

Westi
            Sorry, I thought you had already resolved the problem and everything was working ok. Didn't you write this on the previous post?

However, if you have now created info@golfandgamesafaris.com on your Vodahost account, you should then insert this email address both into the script and into Outlook Express, otherwise the mail sent by the form will never get to you. It will be there(if everything else has worked the way it should) but it will only be available through webmail from your control panel. So, let's separate things, to have ideas clear: use the form and send some info to yourself. Check through webmail if it is sent or not in your inbox on the server. If it is there, then the form works ok and you should only check your Outlook Express settings. If it's not there then there is something wrong with the script part. Also try sending an email from Outlook Exress to yourself to see if you have set up your Outlook Express account correctly.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry, I thought you had already resolved the problem and everything was working ok. Didn't you write this on the previous post?

However, if you have now created info@golfandgamesafaris.com on your Vodahost account, you should then insert this email address both into the script and into Outlook Express, otherwise the mail sent by the form will never get to you. It will be there(if everything else has worked the way it should) but it will only be available through webmail from your control panel. So, let's separate things, to have ideas clear: use the form and send some info to yourself. Check through webmail if it is sent or not in your inbox on the server. If it is there, then the form works ok and you should only check your Outlook Express settings. If it's not there then there is something wrong with the script part. Also try sending an email from Outlook Exress to yourself to see if you have set up your Outlook Express account correctly.
              Good morning, i am a bit confused here again ! Yeterday I accessed my cpanel and today it will not accept my name or password so I can access my webmail, however I have asked vodahost to resend them to me incase things have changed.
              1, my question is this, after setting up my outlook expresss and vodahost account email, can I only access my form information from webmail in cpanel ?. So every time I need to check for info it will be done through Cpanel and not my conventional hotmail account?.
              2. after trying to access my mail in outlook express there are two sub files
              1. Hotmail and 2. one I named when I set up the account info@golfandgamesafaris called... Work.
              when I try to download files in Hotmail it says hotmail no longer allows email access via outlook express for free email accounts.
              I tried to access through work and it says there are no foders in this file.
              3. Do I have to purchase the MSN internet package to access my information from my website ?
              4. I can understand receiving my info from webmail but I am in the dark to why outlook express is required. please explain this to me, apologies in advance, but i just need to understand the program.

Westi

Comment

Good morning, i am a bit confused here again ! Yeterday I accessed my cpanel and today it will not accept my name or password so I can access my webmail, however I have asked vodahost to resend them to me incase things have changed.
                1, my question is this, after setting up my outlook expresss and vodahost account email, can I only access my form information from webmail in cpanel ?. So every time I need to check for info it will be done through Cpanel and not my conventional hotmail account?.
                2. after trying to access my mail in outlook express there are two sub files
                1. Hotmail and 2. one I named when I set up the account info@golfandgamesafaris called... Work.
                when I try to download files in Hotmail it says hotmail no longer allows email access via outlook express for free email accounts.
                I tried to access through work and it says there are no foders in this file.
                3. Do I have to purchase the MSN internet package to access my information from my website ?
                4. I can understand receiving my info from webmail but I am in the dark to why outlook express is required. please explain this to me, apologies in advance, but i just need to understand the program.

Westi
                Hi Westi,
                The password problem is something you will resolve with ***** or one of the other Voda guys. Regarding your questions:
                1. No, you will be able to receive your emails directly on your computer. This means that you must add an account in Outlook Express, with the same data, ecc. as the ones you have put in your Voda email account. Have a look at the tutorial on how to do this.
                2. This means that Hotmail doesn't allow anymore direct access from your pc to your hotmail account. You will have to enter the hotmail site, login with your email address info and your password, and go to your inbox to see your emails. This has nothing to do with you, it's a decision of hotmail. Please note that, as said in previous post, YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH YOUR VODA ACCOUNT OR YOUR MAIL CLIENT PROGRAM, I.E. OUTLOOK EXPRESS. If a particular php function called mail() is activated on your account, you could receive your form info on the hotmail account, though i strongly reccomend that you put your Voda email address in the script and receive your info directly on this account. Evenmore, if hotmail doesn't provide you anymore with option of reaching your inbox with Outlook Express. The Work address maybe simply doesn't have any folder because you haven't used it yet. Try sending an email from Work to Work, i.e. to yourself. See if it sends it and receives it.
                3. No, your website is your website. It has nothing to do with MSN. You don't even need MSN Hotmail, unless you have given the hotmail adress to many people who will continue sending you emails for a long time. I advice you to first make sure that your Voda email account works perfectly and then let them know your new email address. Once or twice a day, enter the MSN Hotmail site and check if you have any email from someone that still doesn't know your new email, and let him know too.
                4. Emails are sent from your friends or visitors (including the form) to the servers, not to your pc. It is Outlook Express that "downloads" these emails from the servers (the Voda server or the Hotmail server) to your own pc. But Outlook Express doesn't know which server must "contact" in order to download these emails, neither nows whose emails it must download. That's where you come on the scene. You go to Outlook Express, and put in all the data of your account: your POP£ ans SMTP server names (in your case mail.golfandgamesafaris.com both for incoming and outcoming mail, your email address (as you have it setup on the server, in this case info@golfandgamesafaris.com , your password, as set on your account, and also some more details. So, every 5 or 10 minutes, Outlook automatically cheks the server to see if there are messages, and if there are, it downloads them on your pc. Also, when you want to send an email, it takes care to get in contact with the server and transmit the message. In other words, it saves you the bother to enter your CP from time to time either to send or check if there are new emails.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Westi,
                  The password problem is something you will resolve with ***** or one of the other Voda guys. Regarding your questions:
                  1. No, you will be able to receive your emails directly on your computer. This means that you must add an account in Outlook Express, with the same data, ecc. as the ones you have put in your Voda email account. Have a look at the tutorial on how to do this.
                  2. This means that Hotmail doesn't allow anymore direct access from your pc to your hotmail account. You will have to enter the hotmail site, login with your email address info and your password, and go to your inbox to see your emails. This has nothing to do with you, it's a decision of hotmail. Please note that, as said in previous post, YOUR HOTMAIL ACCOUNT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH YOUR VODA ACCOUNT OR YOUR MAIL CLIENT PROGRAM, I.E. OUTLOOK EXPRESS. If a particular php function called mail() is activated on your account, you could receive your form info on the hotmail account, though i strongly reccomend that you put your Voda email address in the script and receive your info directly on this account. Evenmore, if hotmail doesn't provide you anymore with option of reaching your inbox with Outlook Express. The Work address maybe simply doesn't have any folder because you haven't used it yet. Try sending an email from Work to Work, i.e. to yourself. See if it sends it and receives it.
                  3. No, your website is your website. It has nothing to do with MSN. You don't even need MSN Hotmail, unless you have given the hotmail adress to many people who will continue sending you emails for a long time. I advice you to first make sure that your Voda email account works perfectly and then let them know your new email address. Once or twice a day, enter the MSN Hotmail site and check if you have any email from someone that still doesn't know your new email, and let him know too.
                  4. Emails are sent from your friends or visitors (including the form) to the servers, not to your pc. It is Outlook Express that "downloads" these emails from the servers (the Voda server or the Hotmail server) to your own pc. But Outlook Express doesn't know which server must "contact" in order to download these emails, neither nows whose emails it must download. That's where you come on the scene. You go to Outlook Express, and put in all the data of your account: your POPŁ ans SMTP server names (in your case mail.golfandgamesafaris.com both for incoming and outcoming mail, your email address (as you have it setup on the server, in this case info@golfandgamesafaris.com , your password, as set on your account, and also some more details. So, every 5 or 10 minutes, Outlook automatically cheks the server to see if there are messages, and if there are, it downloads them on your pc. Also, when you want to send an email, it takes care to get in contact with the server and transmit the message. In other words, it saves you the bother to enter your CP from time to time either to send or check if there are new emails.
                  navel design, i sincerely appreciate your patience and explanations on this, thank you, I will rectify the issue.

Westi.

Comment

Working...
                  X