Hi all, I put many text in my pages and choose Times New Roman (TUR) for the font option but when I preview the page some turkish characters appear as funny symbols. Does BV support multilanguage text options?
language problem in text
Collapse
X
-
Re: language problem in text
BV does.. your browser may not. It must have that particular font installed for its use. Best to use websafe fonts.
Karen
VodaHost
Your Website People!
1-302-283-3777 North America / International
02036089024 / United Kingdom
291916438 / Australia
------------------------
Top 3 Best Sellers
Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.
Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.
Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)
-
Re: language problem in text
here's a pretty good list...but if you want to use an unusual font you can always save the body of text as an image: click on the text - go to propertiesNever measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!
Comment
-
Re: language problem in text
I still have the problem. can somebody help? I have to use ç,ı, ö,ü,İ,ş this kind of characters. when I publish the pages, it looks awful :(
if I change the code to unicode in my browser it's ok. but everybody have different options chosen. they won't change their codes, just close my page instead.
Comment
-
Re: language problem in text
when I publish it as images it looks ok when the background is white. but I put colored templates and put text on them. it doesn't look good when there is background color. you can check it if you like.
www.burcincavdar.com
there must be something to do with the foreign letters.
Comment
-
Re: language problem in text
thanks people for great support!!!!!!!!
my problem is so simple and tiny that nobody really cares!!!!!!!!!!!!
for people who have the same kind of problem, I FOUND THE ANSWER BY MYSELF... BY TRYING.....AND TRYING.....AND KEEP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just right clicked on the page, click on page properties, choose default font as the same that I used (times new roman), I changed the character set to UTF-8. that worked for me.
Comment
-
Re: language problem in text
Hey Burcin;
From Turkey too. What you should do is simply click right on the page then select Page Properties and set the charachter set as
ISO-8859-9 (Turkish)
That's all...
Comment
-
Re: language problem in text
feyza hanım mesajda belirttiğim gibi farklı kodları denedim, UTF-8 yapınca problem kalmadı. türkçe karakterlerle problem yaşayan diğer bir arkadaş bana ulaştı onunla da konuştuk fakat onda UTF-8 işe yaramadı, neden bilmiyorum. kullandığımız browser ayarları farklıydı belki. yine de cevabiniz için teşekkürler, bluevoda ile ilgili burcincavdar********.com 'dan ulaşabilirsiniz.
Comment






Comment