This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to remove site!

I need to take my site down asap. What's the quickest way?

Re: Need to remove site!

Go into your cPanel FILE MANAGER > public_html/ Directory for that particular domain and delete the index page (which will prevent other pages from being viewable); or continue and delete all pages manually one at a time to erase the entire site from being accessible via Sarch Engine Cache. (click once on each page to 'highlight' then click on "Delete" in upper toolbar of File Manager panel)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

In case if SAWMAN or someone else needs the files back in future
      and not go through the BV publishing again,

can I create then a SAVE directory under public_html and save
      all the files including index in there.

And create a 404 file to display a message to that effect.

Do you think it will be a good idea?
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by wysiwyg4 View Post
        Hi Vasili,
        In case if SAWMAN or someone else needs the files back in future
        and not go through the BV publishing again, can I create then a SAVE directory under public_html and save all the files including index in there and create a 404 file to display a message to that effect. Do you think it will be a good idea?
        If there is a need to archive the pages published and which need to be removed from the server, it would be a good idea to verify that there is an available copy on a local HD in the Blue Voda folder from which to later re-publish if required, with or without updates or revisions if mandated. Blue FTP can be used to 'download' any files that are not on the local system.

However, the method you suggest above is redundant, convoluted, and ineffective, as it would leave pages actively linked and available to be accessed by anyone clicking on a cached page view. Creating a re-direct is not a solution, as it does not deal with the issue at all: apparently there is some compelling reason to remove pages from public view on the internet which a re-direct will not do, as it merely diverts domain traffic and leaves a cached page in place to prevent it from being dropped when not available during the next cycle.

The method I outlined above (in post #2) is the safest, easiest, quickest, and surest method to use to remove a site from Public access and display from all sources.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X