Why is text misplaced in in Firefox Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is text misplaced in in Firefox Browser

When I create a web page using BV and then publish it - it looks fine in the Internet Explorer browser but when I bring it up in Firefox browser the text is misplaced and sometimes out of the the shape (rectangle box ) or table I've put it in. This is not a one time occurrence but seems to happen with many of the web pages I've created.

Any suggestions why it comes up ok in explorer browser but not in firefox browser? How can I fix this problem?

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Bob M

P.S. this is the webpage link: http://www.incsource101.com/LLC/regi...inessname.html

Re: Why is text misplaced in in Firefox Browser

This is kind of a common problem and not really related to BV as such. It is mainly because of the different ways IE and Firefox handle pages.

To minimize the effect I generally follow two basic rules.

First, I never place more than eight lines of text in any one text box. The reason for this is that IE and Firefox handle line breaks differently so that as a tect box gets longer that difference starts to compound and get more noticable. Keeping the text boxes brief add to the pain of page building but lowers the pains of poor display!

Secondly. When I am building a page I use Firefox to keep checking that what I have on my BV page is appearing correctly in Firefox then as a final check make sure it looks ok in IE. Generally speaking it is dislpaying ok in Firefox first then it will require only tiny tweaks to get it right in IE.
    Hope that helps.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Thanks - that is helpful. Should I set Firefox as the default browser , at least when working in BV?

Comment

That's what I do!
        Video Editing Software Reviews
        Video Editing Software Tips
        DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
        X