Text Sizing problem still not fixed in BV 11.4G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Sizing problem still not fixed in BV 11.4G

This is the 3rd time I have raised this issue in this forum, but it seems no one understood what I have discovered. So, pls bear with me for the 4th time.

Gist -->
    The size of the text one puts into the page is not what one gets when either Previewed or Published. It gets smaller. For example, if I use Arial size 10pt, what turns out at Preview is actually arial size 13px. I don't know what "px" means, but the text size is reduced substantially.

Strange things -->
    When one inserts a Text Box into a page, the default text shows up as "Double click to edit". So far so good.

In BV 11.4G, checking the HTML shows that the text size is 13px, while that shown on the working page is actually 10pt. When previewed, the size is smaller than 10pt (which I assume is 13px).

In earlier BV, the HTML would show text size as 10pt. AND, in Preview, the text size remained at 10pt. But, if one edited the default text string in the text box, then it would be a different story. Say, if I erased the whole string, and re-entered "Double click to edit" in Arial 10pt size, the HTML would then show text size as being 13px, and indeed would show up as 13px in Preview.

To me, and I believe to many others too, this is a huge problem. Especially bad, when filling cells of a table. In the working page, a text string may over-run the cell width and gets wrapped, thereby increasing the row height of the cell. However, in Preview, the word-wrapping disappears, and one is left with plenty of white space in the cell.

This problem is the biggest bugbear that I face with the otherwise fantastic BV. All the text you see on my webpages have undergone a once-over HTML edit, to make it look as close as possible to what I typed in the working pages. Otherwise it becomes WYSINWYG (what you see is not what you get). Imagine the amount of non-productive work that I had to do, painstakingly modifying every cell in those tables. Please look at www.crystalimage-lcd.com

I am about to embark on an extensive update of my web pages, but the thought of doing the HTML edit all over again,....,gives me the chills. Would some kind folk in the community kindly please shed some light, or would the BV folks please do something to take out this chink in the shiny armor ?

Hope to see a 11.4H or maybw 12.0 soon

Thanks a zillion,
    KS Neoh
    www.crystalimage-lcd.com
    www.dogsbed.biz
Working...
X