3 major problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 major problems

When i go to my home page the username and password is already filled out and also when i try to sign in it goes back to the index page its supposed to take me to 'confirmed.php' & also i need to know how to have a page unavailable until they log in, so outsiders cant access it without signing up. Please Answer all 3 questions,Thank you

website= www.basjante.org

Re: 3 problems HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Because the Password process uses cookies to track Users, Windows simply "remembered" you and automatically filled in your name, and you must have allowed Windows to remember your password at least once for this page, so that too is also pre-completed for conveneince. A simple Windows function that you allowed yourself. No one else can see it but you using your computer alone.
    2. You are describing a series of pages that tells me you created a Password Protected Directory for the entire website rather than a single page.... and when you log thru the Password of an entire sprotected site, it will in fact take you to the Index page, since that is the first page of the site.
    3. Were I you, I would have doen things much differently .... I would have a single (index) page in the main public_html/ directory of my primary domain to serve as a "landing page" so people could then proceed to log in from, to see whatever you make available for them to see, etc. I would then create a new directory (not a sub-domain, just a directory) and Password Protect that entire directory (during the Password Protect a Directory process in cPanel, you are given the option to name the directory which wil automatically be created for you) ... and I would publish my "site" in that protected directory to keep everyone who is not supposed to have access to it out entirely.

You obviously did not pencil out a Web Plan before you started doing things, for if you had, you would have easily seen the impossibility of your efforts: they need to be precisely logical in the way computers are set to operate, and you can never assume or take shortcuts without devastating results.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X