Errors on page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Errors on page

Try switching your modem on and off, this could possibly unclog it and give you a new IP address.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear, dear, dear General & Forum Administrator,
      I don't know what made you think of switching my modem on and off, but I could really hug your neck. After all this time (around six weeks) this simple little thing has solved the problem! I just pulled up my site. At least I know I did it once so I don't know why it would stop working again. What was the deal with the modem thing anyway. How would you know this. Anyway I'm very appreciative because I was just going to throw in the towel. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Smarsnet

Comment

Well General & Forum Administrator, I turned my modem on and off a few times and you were right...I could get my web site. I was so thrilled. Now today I tried to get it and I get that same old nasty error message ...while trying to retrieve URL http://www.smarttrips.net/ the following error was encountered: unable to determine IP address from host name for www.smarttrips.net. I think I'm going to ask for a refund for my years payment and quit.

Comment

Smarsnet:

I hope your browser isn't EI 7 beta, it's still experimental and dosen't work
          well. It eraces your cookies every time you shut off your computer. Sorry
          it took so long to respond, but I had to do a spy ware sweep on my computer after picking up some spyware downloading a free program.

Comment

Hi Circuspet, I just recently downloaded IE Beta 7. I haven't noticed any bugs yet. I don't think so anyway. Well surprisingly enough I can get my site again tonight. I don't know if the error message will be back again tomorrow or if I still will be able to get my site. About the cookies... when vodahost was trying to help me get my site they said to go into internet options and delete temporary files and cookies. Are those the same cookies you were saying that IE Beta 7 deletes. I don't know which cookies are which but I have a affiliate site and use banners and text from merchants and I think they use cookies to track my referrals to them. I think they do anyway. So should I not delete my cookies and uninstall IE Beta 7 and reinstall IE 6? Another thing you might know.. some of my banners are suppose to change images and text and when I get my site on the net everything is just still. The banners aren't changing. Maybe I should have used the html that was java script instead of the other option. I'm not too up on all this computer stuff. Thank the Lord that VodaHost web builder is easy enough for me to get this far. Anyway if you think I shouldn't use the new IE get back to me. I appreciate any help I can get. smarsnet

Comment

smarsnet:

I tried EI 7 beta about a month ago and started haxing glitch inconsistant problems. Earlier this week member, Nite producer couldn't get some html script, to work on his computer, while It was workimg on the web it wasn't working on his computer. He changed his browser back to IE 6 an everything was fine. Were you having problems with IE 6 ? If not, I might drop this saying on you, " If it ain't broke don't fix it ". I'm sure they'll get it right eventually.

At the top of this thread is a search you can enter IE 7 beta or Night Producer and read others postings on this subject.

Comment

Working...
              X