• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horray, horray...but I still need help

You are welcome.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It's me again. Of all the tasks in designing this website, this is the most difficult.

It seem that when I press the "submit" button on my form on the contact page I am directed to a "cannot display page" page.

Like I said earlier, I went over the instruction carefully and rechecked all my moves and I can't seem to find out why my "submit" button doesn't work.

Any Suggestions?

Nancy
      Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Please post here the urL of the form page. If you get a "Page not found" error, it means the the page set as "action" for the form, hasn't been yet created / uploaded, or it has been uploaded in the wrong place.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi again,

My site is simplelifestyles.net...the page is contact us and the hidden page, I believe is simplelifestyles.net/contact_us.html....not sure I was supposed to do that.

At this rate I'll be a b general in no time...lololol..

Nancy
          Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Nancy-
            On the form you need to make the following adjustments;
            Name field needs to be - name
            E-mail field needs to be - email
            Phone field needs to be- phone
            Questions or comments field needs to be - comments

The way you have it now- the name for the first three fields are named T1 and the comments area is named - E-Mail.

Also- where is your process123 page? This will be your page that you put your message- Thank you for filling out my form- we will get back to you blah, blah, blah, blah............. This is also the page that you will open the page html and insert the php script into.

We're making progress.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy, I corrected all of the field names today. The words "Comments & Questions" is set in a text box. The text box is named "comments"

According to the first link of your tutuorial I should have been able to use the "submit" button after that process. I didn't realize that I had to create the "process 123" page in order for everything to work properly.

I will get on that right away. My target date to get this site up and my business started is Sept. 1 of this year..lol....
              Thanks again for your help
              Nancy
              Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

I would appreciate some feedback with regard to my site. This is my first attempt and I have been asked to do 2 sites, both professional, 1 lawyer and 1 Chiropracter. I would like to feel comfortable about making this committment.
                Thanks,
                Nancy
                Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Nancy-
                  You seem to be bouncing back and fourth between the two tutorials taking some from each. Each is different. Like I suggested before- start with this one;
                  http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Read it all the way through and follow each step. Then once you have mastered that one, we can move on to making it a little more secure.

So now that the form is set up correctly you need to create the thankyou
                  page. Make sure to check the php extension in the page properties. When you save the page- simply type in thankyou where it asks for page name. When you publish it BV will give it a php extension.

As to your website. It looks very very nice. The colors and style are inviting and evoke professionalism and confidence. I did notice that your picture is not there- did you put one on the page yet? In any event- you have done a wonderful job thus far. Keep up the great work.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

You're the best! Thanks for your compliments. My pic was up but I took it down. You see, Gina is my daughter and she wanted me to use her black & white photo, I don't have one. I plan to get one, soon. I had a photo up on my profile...I guess I'll have to post one again.

As for the "thank you" page. It's been completed but the submit button on my contact page doesn't work. The php ext is checked and it shows up in the FTP manager, so does the contact page as an html.

I'm not sure what is wrong here.

Nancy
                    Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Nancy-
                      I have looked but can't find the thankyou.php page

Are you sure you published it? Can you see it in the FTP manager on the server?

Also- on the form, did you choose multipart/form data ?

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy, I corrected the form to read "multipart/formdata" and yes the thank you page has been published and it shows in the FTP manager as thank_you.php. This page is saved as thank_you in blue voda too.

Maybe you can find it now.

Nancy
                        Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Ok- then on the form you need to correct the action to-
                          thank_you.php

Give that a try.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

on the contact page form?
                            Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Yes. You see the when the submit button is pressed it tells the form what page to seek out to process the information. That is your thank_you.php page. Correct this and your it should work.

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I did that and it still doesn't work. When I click the submit button , the thank you page should come up, right? I get "page cannot be found"
                                Should the method be post or get?
                                Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

Working...
                                X