This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

No, you can't see the menu in preview. It uses php, so it will only show when BOTH the page and the MENU page are published on the server.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi... Is it possible call up and entire page.html utizing this type of php ... Thanks Doug

Comment

Doug your page can be either .html or .php - not both. So, to do this, you'd build the website as .php instead. It wouldn't effect hot you built the page - if that's what is confusing you.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay you PHP Experts . . . I decided to go ahead and try to make a PHP menu, and I think I almost got it! I set up menu on brand new page just the way you said. I'm not using just text, I've got "buttons". After putting in all the links and alt text, I saved and published the first page. When I view it, not of my alt tags are showing up, only the .html page link as an alt tag. In order to use PHP in a menu, do I have to use "text only"?
          Sheryl Tupa
          Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
          Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
          New Baby Cartoons
          Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
          Cloud Nine Photo Magic
          Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

Hi, not sure if i have this right? but have you published your menu page as a .php & not .html?
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi.. Hey Naval.. I publish menu.php...place the html callup box on my index page... publish index.php.... then go to see mysite.com...and I see a blank white ... right click... blank white... I know I'm close ... but what am I missing?? ...all that's on this site are.. images..index.php..menu.php... and jscookmenu.js... Thanks Doug

Comment

Yes Chris, I did publish as PHP. When I set up my navigation "menu" on it's separate page, I put in "alt tags" for my buttons. I then published both menu page and index page in PHP. When I put the mouse over the buttons, all I see is a tag for the html page, not what I typed for copy.

Example: I put in tag saying "Cartoon Designs", but mouseover shows cartoondesigns.html

I thought "alt tags" might not show up if I'm using buttons for menu.
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Sheryl, the buttons are images and alt does show up - which is a good thing and is correct. However, if you have done the naviagion as php - you best not have an alt tag showing .html - cuz all your pages now need to be .php.

If you want to send me the page, I'll look at it and diagnose it.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay Beth . . . here I go needing help again. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) I'll get this the right way.

Here is the index page: http://cust-m-cartoons.custmcartoons.com

On my "menu.php" page, when I view the Navigation Bar properties, they all the page links show .php on the end. Can't figure out why it doesn't show up after I publish.

Here's the link for the menu page: http://cust-m-cartoons.custmcartoons.com/menu.php

As always, I am grateful for your help.
                    Sheryl Tupa
                    New Baby Cartoons
                    Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Just thought of something (that's pretty scary). Do I have to go into my control panel and delete all the previous .html pages?

If I type a page with .php extension in my address bar it comes up and the menu bar has all .php tags!
                      Sheryl Tupa
                      New Baby Cartoons
                      Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

No, but you need to delete at LEAST the index page, otherwise the html page instead of the php will show up.

As for the rest of your pages, you can delete them or not, however, leaving them there will only confuse you further.

Please also note that noone can see your menu page (it will simply show a blank page) because the way it is built, it is a php function, that will only display when you call it from within your pages.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks so much. Learning PHP is new to me, but I think once I get the hang of it, it will be great!
                          Sheryl Tupa
                          New Baby Cartoons
                          Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

I'm nervous here about something - you are making all your links, etc with the name as it is now - you do realize you'll have to change all of them when you're ready to move?

You aren't doing this the way I thought and I just saw now how you have them named.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yikes Beth! What should I be doing? How should I be making the links? I thought the only way I could publish and test was to use the custmcartoons.com with the add-on. I'll stop what I'm doing until I hear what to do.
                              Sheryl Tupa
                              New Baby Cartoons
                              Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

There is a very simple way to avoid the links problem: make the links relative:

Instead of typing, for a link, i.e. http://cust-m-cartoons.custmcartoons...oondesigns.php make it simply "cartoondesigns.php" and you are done.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X