This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Ok!!! I got it all figured out and working. The key was to read the entire thread....ooops :)

I simply had to go into my control panel and delete the old files plus change my link extensions to php. Didn't realize I had to do that.
    Good thing I'm just starting this site.

Question about my navigation bar: It's not a BV menu bar. Its just text links on a background. Would I still be better off using a CSS text menu bar for SE purposes. Here is the link: www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Also I read that SE dont like the BV drop down menu. Does that go for CSS drop down menus also.

This forum and the help it gives is like nothing Ive seen.
    Thanks Blue voda
    Randy
    www.industrialsuppliesandservices.com

Comment

A text menu is the same (as SE are concernes) as a CSS based text menu. And, it is the best solution for SE.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
        I have overreached myself! I followed your instructions (or so I thought) re a single menu page but I could not get it to work. All my shortcomings, I'm afraid. Now I've some pages with code all over them after I republished and I do not know how to get rid of it. My site is http://jamesbartondesign.com. If you go to the products page>military 1:8 scale you will see what I mean. If there is anything in this thread that I have not seen I own up to not reading it all (attention span issues) and will take a severe ticking off like a man.
        Regards,
        James.
        http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

I am not sure what you have done in there. If you wish, send me the menu page and the page itself, so i can have a look. In BV format please. Use my contact form twice to attach the files. Thanks
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
            Have tried submitting via your form, but I get a message saying words to the effect that either my browser does not support cookies or it's an illegal submission. My browser does support cookies so I do not know what's wrong.
            Regards,
            James.

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
              I think that I have cured my problem by deleting the php menu page by using file manager. I would like to use your single page menu because my site will be nearly 100 pages when finished. If I try again do I have to delete my navigation bar on published pages?

Comment

James-
                I really like your site- nice job. The method that Navaldesign has put together is a real life saver and once you get the hang of it- it is really easy. I am in the process of re-doing my entire site incorporating this method.

IF you need any help- I would be glad to assist. Simply contact me via my website contact form below and we'll get the bugs on this particular problem worked out. Or you can take Naval (the MASTER) up on his offer. He is one busy man.

Cheers-

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

No, you don't need to delete anything, when you will publish the pages again (after editing them) the old files will be overwriten. Try again the form, or try http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/formexamples1.php
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
                    Many thanks for your help, I cannot download the pages to you now as I deleted them. However, when I try again, I'm pretty sure I'll come running to you for help.

Hi Andy,
                    Your offer of help is much appreciated and I will take you up on it. You have had a look at my site and the thumnails: well, there will be scores more of them ( I have to assemble a sample of the complete range of statuettes, then photograph them, then load into the site: not an overnight job). As each thumbnail links to a separate page and adding pages is a continous job you can see how naval's single menu page would be a great help.

Regards to both of you,
                    James.

Comment

Hey Navaldesign,

I have a question for you. Since I developed a new store in BV using the new php method you designed, I was wondering if it is normal for a double head section to be published on all pages. And, would this hurt the SE search for my store?

Also, is there any way to get rid of the second head section? I am curious because some folks have mentioned this.

The new store in BV is http://ediblecafe.com

The double head section is in ALL pages.

Thanks for your help. Now I'm off to work.
                      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

If you leave the menu page Title, Author, Metatags etc blank, there is no problem with the double head.

You can also do this: publish the menu page (as php) then download the file from your site. Open it in notepad.
                        Staritng from the start of the code, delete those two lines (i am referring to YOUR page):

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
                        <title>Menu</title>

and these:

<META name="revisit-after" content="5 days">
                        <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
                        <META name="Robots" content="All">

Save, and upload the file again. This will result in your pages having only the main page metatags.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign,

Thanks for the information. I am going to try it and see what happens.
                          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Navaldesign,

I can't figure out how to get the page downloaded so I can attempt to fix this problem.
                            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Connect with FTP to your site, and drag the menu.php file from your site to your computer. Just the opposite to what you do when you upload files from your computer to your site.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign,

Interestingly enough when I did drag the menu.php page from the right side of the FTP file I drug it to my desk top and opened it up in dreamweaver.
                                The source indicated that it only had one head section. (Previously I had taken out the page title, as you suggested, and published.)

But, even when I re-published the page there was still two head sections. I'm starting to not get this and getting frustrated.
                                Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Working...
                                X