X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Originally posted by DrewDevil
    Do I have to place/move the html box in each of the 100 pages? That's what I'm trying to avoid.
    I used Navals single menu to put in my adress at the bottem of my page. I built it into my template and if it needs to be moved I move it. I also did the same for the work menu like that.

every time i make a new page i got to file-new page-from temple and they are all places where I want them.

dose this answer your qwuestion?

What Naval has showed you here is a very nice way to do your menu's and it's very easy to do upkeep on it.

Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Originally posted by Windameer Farm
      I used Navals single menu to put in my adress at the bottem of my page. I built it into my template and if it needs to be moved I move it. I also did the same for the work menu like that.

every time i make a new page i got to file-new page-from temple and they are all places where I want them.

dose this answer your qwuestion?

What Naval has showed you here is a very nice way to do your menu's and it's very easy to do upkeep on it.

Jolen
      When you move the menu html box in your template, does it move the menu box on pages you have already created with the template?

From what I read, I think the answer is no. Naval said updating the template does NOT update pages created previously created with the template.

What I am trying to solve is the situation where I create 100 pages with a php element, then I want to physically move the element in the layout of those already created 100 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        In the case of the menu bar, which is a single element, yes. If you use this method for a whole page template, then the page must be in the upper left corner, and the html box in your pages also. But, for the rest, all the elements in the source page must be positiones as they will appear in the final page.
        Can you explain what you mean in this post again? I am sorry I am having so much trouble understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewDevil
          When you move the menu html box in your template, does it move the menu box on pages you have already created with the template?

From what I read, I think the answer is no. Naval said updating the template does NOT update pages created previously created with the template.

What I am trying to solve is the situation where I create 100 pages with a php element, then I want to physically move the element in the layout of those already created 100 pages.
          Then I misunderstood what your trying to do. I did all mine from the start. You would have to frist install all the Hml boxes where you wnat them one each page you have if they are already done.
          I know where your comeing from I built my web site and then lost my computer so I had to rebuild it. I'm still working on it but this tile I'm doing it in php and useing alot of naval's tips and it's going along wonderfuly.

Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

Ok, let me explain: if you want to make changes to the whole template, and, by template i mean the background, the menu bar, the header (logo) footer, as well as ALL the elements that will be in ALL your pages, then you need to make a html box that will have the same dimensions of the template, and place it in the upper left corner of the pages that will be calling the template.

In the template page, you can make ANY change withing the page limits. Once you save/publish the template page, all the pages will be automatically updated.

let's see it in another way: the method, as proposed initially, was NOT intended for moving elements in your pages. It was intended as a way to update easily, the menubar links and buttons.

However, it is quite easy to use it for moving elements also. You just move the element in the source page, and it will be moved in all pages.

Of course, using this method, is based on having a html box in ALL your pages. After that you are done: whatever you change in the template page, changes in ALL page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, that makes sense! Basically, I am going to have a giant 800 x 1200 HTML box on all my pages that will have ALL the dynamic elements in it. Then I can update or rearrange my php template and it will change the whole thing on every page. Sweet. Thanks!

Comment

Cool! You got it!
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,

May I ask Your help with incorporating a single menu page into a script Please.

You can e-mail me at jolen@windameer.com

thank you Jolen

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    You can hold your drop down and ad a text menu at the bottom of the page with your links. SE will spider those.
                    Hi,
                    Congratulations for your work. Excellent.

This is my first time and my English may be bad as I'm writing from Portugal.

My question: I like the drop down menus and I want to keep them. I'll use the bottom text menu solution to be "seen" by SE. But the problem is that when I insert the html box the menu doesn't work properly. The first row appears but the others don't show or if they can be seen they can't be clicked.

Can you help me with this: www.doce-design.com
                    Thank you. Maria João

Comment

This method works with dropdown menus. I suggest that you test your original menu to see if it works (by publishing a page with only the menu, without the php code) , and if does then come back and we can see about your problem
                      Navaldesign

Comment

thank for your quick answer.

yes it does work without the php code as you can see here www.doce-design.com/index_ing.html

maria

Comment

Sorry,

I don't know why but it seems to be working now.

Thank you

Comment

Now I'm having problems with links. Menus went crazy. I put the right links but when I publish they seem to be all mixed up. What to do?
                            maria

Comment

Remember when using the single menu (php include function) that all subsequent pages are now .php extension. So the links will have to be changed from .html to .php

Also- they will only work once published. You will not be able to test them in preview.

If that is not a correction to your problem- please post back.

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

NOt to duplicate post.. but i am new and i thought i just posted a question in case i did not .. i seem to be having trouble with my php i got an error.. that i did not have before .. it was workign fine.. and then allof the sudden it went bad...

i was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem with my single menus
                                Fatal error: Cannot redeclare menu() (previously declared in /home/jaszpuee/public_html/menu.php:7) in /home/jaszpuee/public_html/fmenu.php on line 22

http://www.gabamarketing.com/

Thanks in Advance Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X