• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Vicki,
    </html><?
    }
    ?>
    That would be your problem than. Your server is trying to pull up a page called "html" when it loads that page.

You have to have it say

<? function topofpage() { ?>
    for it to work for you. Or whatever the php page is that you are trying to call up.
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

The blue color appearance is normal. What ever you place directly in the page html will appear as blue. So this is not your problem.
      If you wish, send me your topofpage and the main page where you have embedded it using myform. I will see what is going wrong and send them back to you.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, will do. The mystery deepens. Please check out the lastest version of http://www.dinkydi.info The php is working properly (there is a pinkish hue around the menubar) & I have done exactly the same thing each time. No copycat blue symbols have appeared at the end like there have on the other two immediately after I add the code in the box.
        Last edited by pioneerVicki; 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
        www.dinkdy.info
        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
        www.thegemlovers.com
        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

No 1/ This problem with getting the code right has had an interesting side effect - I've ended up building another site. While I'm certain it's not the BV record for the shortest time - I sure about 2.5 days (while working etc) for building a site I had no intention of building for many months & wasn't sure what I was even going to put on it when I started - is a bit of a record especially as I built my own templete etc. As I said my php works on that site.

No 2/ Has the mystery deepened? As stated previously I put the same php code on several different pages now with opposite results. Now I have 2 more mysteries. On some of the pages of my new site www.dinkydi.info the links are orange when the colour I've made them is brown (like it is on other pages)! More interestingly the H1 tags on my home page are black (which is the colour I expected them to be) on most other pages the colour they have turned out is brown. I will paste the two codes I have used. The first one comes out black & the next ones comes out brown. Any one know why? Perhaps an answer would solve my first mystery problem with why info put in the html of pages turns out different.

<center><H1><font size=4>Information on Modifying & Tuning Engines </font></H1></center>

<center><H1><font size=4>Tips for Starting & Running a Web-site</font></H1></center>
          www.dinkdy.info
          www.thegemlovers.com
          www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Sorry Vicky, forgot your pages, looking at them now
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

George,
              Is it possible to create a java script menu and then using your method to call for it using the html box?
              I will also have a text menu footer for the SE's.
              Thanks
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Hi Terry,

Of course, no problem. Infact, the BV drop down, which i used in my example, is Javascript.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks George, it worked perfectly. I am using 3 different menus
                  (1 ,2 & 3).
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Naval,

Great explanation of including menus for easy update... stellar!

This means I have to go back into the navigation menu and rename all links (throughout the site) to a .PHP rather than .HTML#xxx hyperlink, right?

and

make sure that all pages (they all of the main menu in them) as .PHP files when I publish.

Did I get this right. I've only just begun, so it won't be so bad, but is there a "change all function" that can do this?

Comment

Any problem with my pages, or should I go ahead & publish?
                      www.dinkdy.info
                      www.thegemlovers.com
                      www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Originally posted by DKFoster01 View Post
                        Naval,

Great explanation of including menus for easy update... stellar!

This means I have to go back into the navigation menu and rename all links (throughout the site) to a .PHP rather than .HTML#xxx hyperlink, right?

and

make sure that all pages (they all of the main menu in them) as .PHP files when I publish.

Did I get this right. I've only just begun, so it won't be so bad, but is there a "change all function" that can do this?
                        Te is no change all function. In fact, if there were, this method would be uselles.

yes, all pages need to be php. Which means that after you build your menus this way, you will need to republish them as php. And, in the menu, you must change the links to php
                        Navaldesign

Comment

This is a fantastic tip, I wish this was a complete forum for itself and I hope this problem has not already been addressed (if so sorry) but there are just too many responses to try and go through each one to find the same issue.

My problems are two fold - 1.) the links aren't working for my menu and 2.) the footer is showing up twice when published. Very strange.

I'm hoping to be able to use this for a new site I'm working on, here are some temp pages I published to try it out.
                          www.casadecampoluxuryvillas.com/totd/test.php
                          www.casadecampoluxuryvillas.com/totd/uc.php

my menu doesn't publish in php but the links work when I publish it with html: www.casadecampoluxuryvillas.com/totd/menu.html

Let me know if I should send some php/html code for you to see. The menu seems to show ok - just not the links. The menu for the links was done using the regular menu bar tool - nothing too complicated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Please use my form to send me ALL three (page, header, footer) .bvp format files.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Dear Navel,

I sent the files, I really appreciate you taking a look at them. I believe I followed the directions correctly, I'm just stumped. All the best. Sbrenusa

Comment

Originally posted by sbrenusa View Post
                                Dear Navel,

I sent the files, I really appreciate you taking a look at them. I believe I followed the directions correctly, I'm just stumped. All the best. Sbrenusa
                                Hi sbrenusa,
                                you have mail
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X