This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

No, you don't put any navigation bar in the pages. This method is used exactly to avoid adding the menu bar in every single page!

You just add the html box, as described in the tutorial, and it will "call" in the page the menubar as you have published it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi.thks Navel,thats gonna save me alot of trouble.Iwill use it with all my diffrent links.Ican clone that page over and over again right,because my site will have alot of pages .Thks again Navel your a life savor lol.

Comment

You dont need to clone a page, just create it once and then include it in all your other pages....................
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi david,thks that helps alot...i do fill out the meta tabs and everything else tho right?

Comment

Not on the menu (includes) page No..............treat every other page as normal for your meta tags...............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Thks david,just wanted to make sure.( you rockkkk lol).poeple here r so freindly,kind of refrenching really.thks again.

Comment

Your welcome.................
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Comment

Hello. Firstly, thanks to Navaldesign for all you work on menus. This thread excited me when I found it, because it seemed to solve the issue of repeating everthing for every webpage with the linking back to a single menu or header etc. But I am now stuck with how you edit the menu after it has been taken away and how do I use it for multiple pages.....?

Can someone give me some pointers here please?

I do apologize in advance if this has been covered already.

My website www.hotrc.co.nz

TIA.
                  Mike

Comment

The very first post explains the complete procedure.
                    You will edit the menu page the same as any other page and then publish it.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Hi, its that time of year for bugs UK as well. I see naval has mentioned about a quicker way of doing this. So i made a quick page that might help. LINK See if this helps.
                      NZ1 click the LINK above, you will find an excellent explanation on how to do it posted by Collectors. Thanks Collectors!!

Comment

Originally posted by mumu View Post
                        NZ1 click the LINK above, you will find an excellent explanation on how to do it posted by Collectors. Thanks Collectors!!
                        Ah! Forgot that was there. LOL
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Its not as easy and straight forward as I had hoped. So, I started looking for a website builder and I found a programme called WYSIWYG Website Builder 5. Is almost identical to BV in every aspect and it does the page linking thing with a few clicks and it shows the pages and their links in a tree layout......it so simple!!

What I don't get is, why is BV so far behind in this area when this product is out there and looking identical........?

Mike

Comment

Don't know if BV is all that far behind, but it is free, a big advantage. Hopefully the people charged with updating BV can address areas that need improvement in a timely manner. In the year I've been using it, it has been significantly improved, so the track record is good.
                            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Having had more of a chance to play with WWB5, there is a big difference. WWB5 has a "master page" function which facilitates a live link to that page from all others. Edit the master and all other update. This is a big difference and BV achilles heal. The price for WWB5 is very reasonable I fell.

Mike

Comment

I've gone through this whole thread a few times and am still a bit confused. I tried the CSS menu generator suggested on page 1, but I don't understand how I would edit the menu generated if I wanted to in the future.

What I have done so far is I made a vertical list of page names using a regular BV text box, then added links to each one using the link button in BV. I chose the colors for the text and background. I want to use that as my menu.php to be called into the html box that is sitting on each page. Then, in the future, if I want to edit it, I'll just edit the text in the text box. Will there be any problems with doing that? Will it accomplish everything that using a CSS menu will?
                                Last edited by dovidshmuel; 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

Comment

Working...
                                X