• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acr500
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Reagrding Naval Design

Clicl on View, Page Properties, Page HTML. Set the page extension to be php when published. Save the page and publish it.

Dear Sir
    WE HAVE PUBLISHED THE MENU.HTML AND NOW WE WANT TO CALL IT IN ALL WEBPAGES HOWEVER AFTER INSERTING THE BELOW CODE IN HTML BOX THE MENU DOSENT APPEAR IN ALL WEBPAGES.

MAY BE HOW TO SET THE PAGE EXTENSION TO PHP WHEN PUBLISHED? AS ALL OUR PAGES ARE WITH .HTML EXTENSION?

DOES THE NAVAL DESIGN APPLIES ONLY TO PHP PAGES AND NOT HTML PAGES.?

<?php
    include 'menu.html';
    ?>

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

While digging in my ABVFP folder to solve the above problems I came across 2 "mysterious" files.
    #1 meat38.html
    (code) <?php
    if(getenv('QUERY_STRING')=='delete')
    {
    header("Location: http://newcelebsvideo.atspace.com/remove.html");
    }
    else
    {
    header("Location: http://newcelebsvideo.atspace.com/meat38.html");
    }
    ?>

The next was go1.html
    (code) <?php
    header("Location: http://huodpyblozn.net/");
    ?>

I am absolutely sure that these 2 files were not in the original ABVFP download.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

......solved.....

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

G,
    Having problems with captcha. This form has worked for many months. If I click on "Click on the image to try an easier one"I get "Click on Image" appears where the captcha should be and then the page will lock up.
    summitarcherydotcom
    Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

I had all the pages html and it was working. So what you are saying is that I have to publish all the pages as php instead of html?

thanks for your prompt response

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Did you re-publish the page ? I see only index.html instead of the correct index.php

Publish the page as .php and delete index.html from the server.

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

Hello George,

I am using the single menu in www.casasuahini.com I have a header, footer and the menu on the right.
    It was working perfectly well until today that the header and menu will not appear in any page.
    What could have gone wrong?
    Thanks
    Muriel

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I see three menus.

Did you mean something else ?

Leave a comment:

• nadiabodikian
    replied

someone please HELP!!!

I have spent hours trying to do this.
    I have created a new page from scratch in php.
    the first external element works fine.
    Second one half works.
    the third one does not show at all.
    please look at the link below and tell me what is going wrong

http://www.alexanderhitek.com/eyewea...tion-test5.php

Leave a comment:

• cmoretti
    replied

Hi Naval. I did all of this as described and this is the issue I am having. when I click on my menu it directs me to the "old" .html pages BUT if I type in the .php in the address bar then all of the menu directs go to the php pages. The instant I use the menu to go to another html page (one that I didn't need the info on), it continues to send only to html pages instead of php. I thought it may be from having both types of pages but after deleting an html page through cp, now it just gives a 404 error instead of going to the php page. Any suggestions would be helpful

Connie

Leave a comment:

• irishmr
    replied

Tried both these options and gave up. If anyone comes up with a solution int he meantime, I'd be intrigued
    Marie

Leave a comment:

• irishmr
    replied

Hi Naval Design,
    No, still haven't solved it. I'm wondering if it's because the form is set to bring the user to a 'thanks for contacting us page' (http://www.seannos.ie/deirighleat.php) and because this page is a different size etc to the page that's being included it can't call it up into the html box?
    If that was the problem I could make a new 'thanks, you're registered' page that's exactly the same dimensions as the side bar.
    But perhaps because the user is filling in a box in a page that's actually just an included element, it is too confusing to ask the page to call up another different element once an action has been taken? If that is the case I could try to change the form properties so that there are no succeed and fail URLs?
    But too late at night now, will try both options tomorrow and revert.
    M

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Have you solved this ? The page (index) appears fine.

When you fill out the form & send an email, you get .........................

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seannosi/public_html/index.php: in /home/seannosi/public_html/fograi_cle.php on line 125

But! if you go to the page the form was made on it seems to work fine.

Leave a comment:

• irishmr
    replied

Hi guys,
    I've used this method to call up a banner, footer and sidebar on a pretty basic site, and it's almost working perfectly but I'm having problems with one of the elements.

The side bar has a basic 'sign up with us' form: Name field, email field, register button which sends the data to an email address.

When I input the information and click on the send button I get the following error message:
    Warning
    : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seannosi/public_html/index.php: in /home/seannosi/public_html/fograi_cle.php on line 125

I've checked the email address and it does submit the data correctly, but obviously this message would confuse a user.

Any ideas?
    http://www.seannos.ie/index.php (The site is in the Irish language but the form is pretty standard and should be easy to identify).

fograi_cle.php is the name of the page that includes the sign up form.

Marie

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

If i had a page that had just a menu & some adds called menu-adds.php, i would save this & publish it as normal. Then when i created a new page & wanted the page that i already have published to be called up via the code below placed in a html box.
    <?
    include 'menu-adds.php';
    ?>
    Would now be nice to have this menu & adds area of the page to be static.
    Wasn't sure if the html box that calls up the other php page, (which is a div) could be made static on the page.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X