X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Embed a pdf and display on your webpage

Originally posted by kortia View Post
    I do understand we are not all "normal Webmasters, so not all of this makes sense like it would if you learned any other way than using website builders like 1and1, net id now and others similar to it. Even yahoos.

An easy way is to open a new page (or template) Click your plug in button on the left side mid top corner. Then double click or right click and go to properties.

You will see a browse button, click browse and find the file on your pc. Upload and press ok. You can now make the plug in what ever size you like. This will create a Iframe on the page. Now just save your page whatever you want to call it and then you can create a hyper link to that file from what ever page you want. Don't forget to publish it and Viola you are done!

Here is a example with a link going to a PDF file. (see link near bottom)http://www.magicwater.ws/warranty.html

When i found my PDF file and entered it, it did not show up in the plug box? The plug picture was still there? Any ideas?
    Thank You

Comment

Thank You to all I got it!!! Kortia easy as you said!
      Thanks

Comment

I have my website up and running (since 2007) and haven't needed to edit anything until now and I'm a bit rusty, however I just watched all the tutorial to refresh my mind on the basics. I have a page with 4 .pdf files and I need to replace two of them. Would it be better to delete the existing, then adding the new ones back? Or is there a way to just 'replace' the files? My site address is: www.createdfromtheheart.net and I'm talking about the prices and forms page. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm sorry its been a long time since i've done anything with this you might want to ask the great folks that helped me. Sorry

Comment

Great... I'll need it.

Comment

The html method works great in FireFox however, I get the RED X in IE8.
              Any thoughts?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Yes.
                You can (only if your image editor provides the ability....Paint works, if need be) right-click COPY your PDF and then PASTE AS NEW IMAGE onto the work screen of your Editor and then resize the PDF to whatever "image" size you require, and then SAVE as JPG and then place it on your BV web page to be seen by Visitors just as you wish them to.
                Then, once it is properly positioned, create a transparent rectangle to lay on top of this image of the PDF, and hyperlink this transparent layer to the uploaded PDF file with TARGET = _blank, so when Visitors click on the image, it will automatically open a new Tab/Window and be available for 'Download" (view, print, save, etc.).

Simple way to show a thumbnail of a PDF you offer to view actual size or download normally, all without the Visitor losing the base page from where they land. The iFrame method does not allow you to resize your PDF image, and the use of iFrames is always going to be something to consider with the various Browser versions and weak updates circulating.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X