This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menubar in I-frame

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean that you want a background UNDER your menubar, simply place the background in the main page or in the same page of the menubar, UNDER the menubar itself.

If you mean something else, please clarify.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

this is the greatest idea since sliced bread - thank you for many hours of time saved - wish i'd have known about it from the begining
      thankx again ann
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi,

I've run into a problem using this method for the iframe. It seems that when I put the go menu on the menu page and then put the iframe over it that when I preview the menu page it picks up the upper left corner of the index page. I published the menu page but can't find it.

So far as I know I have followed all the instructions above correctly.

Ted
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Your menu bar must be positioned in the uper left corner of it's own page.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I must be a buffo, inasmuch I have followed the guidelines above exactly, and even with a variation when "selecting URL" and whenever I publish, it comes up "page not found" despite having published my 'iframemenu' page.

I am simply wishing to finally take advantage of the I-Frame ability for my site: My Choice Mall .com as it has been a much belabored process to edit the ever-changing Menu selections in the "go menus" that comprise my system for "Browse By Category" and "QuickLink to Stores".

Whatever could I be doing wrong?
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, can you provide me with the URL of the page with the Iframe, and the page with the menubar that should appear in the iframe ? I'll take a look for you.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Vasili, can you provide me with the URL of the page with the Iframe, and the page with the menubar that should appear in the iframe ? I'll take a look for you.
                Hi Giorgio!

Both of the links are in his post.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

How stupid of me ! Sometimes reading too fast, paying no attention!. Thanks Amanda!

Ok, Vasili, i can see your page with the content of the frame, but i have not found an i frame in your home page. Should i keep looking, or maybe you have not yet implemented or changed that ? Ad, second, i might have missread your post: are you saying that the "iframemenu" page will not appear in the frame ? If taht is so, the only possible, logical explanation is that there is something wrong with the link to the frame content page.

Double click the frame, and make sure you give it initial link: http://www.mychoicemall.com/iframemenu.html

If instead you meant something else please let me know.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I had to re-publish with my old default index until I get it figured out, General....

Right. At first, I set up my 'iframemenu' page with the Menu in the exact position (X-Y axis) it should appear on my index page, but then found your instructions to place it "dead top-left" (so it could be first-found), which I then corrected and republished.

I have made sure that the iFrame completely encompassed the Menu (with slight room left over), so I figured that was not my conflict....unless there is a margin within the iFrame I am not allowing for.

My link setup is correct (so i have confirmed with your additional post above), so I cannot follow the logic as to where to look for a missing step.
                    After posting this, I will publish my "working index" for you to see and (I am smiling now, don't you know?) make it easy for you to spot my obvious error. LOL

I am already tardy in making "regular updates" to this site index, so a day or so more delay is not much of an issue now - getting this down to a routine is, for that I am a 'convert,' I have another batch of sites to re-do!
                    (Typical, isn't it, that it's always the simplest of things. I can imagine my results with ad banner rotators in place of Flash elements! LOLOL)

Thanks, generals, for your kind assistance!

PS: I'll be emailing other info to you soon. Thanks.

Comment

I think I solved it myself: would not writing the iFrame link without the protocol have anything to do with it?
                      ( http://www.mychoicemall.com/iframemenu.html )

AGAIN, I assumed BV would automatically write the "http://" for me....

Now I can go about tweaking the position (and fixing the background in the center text box) and re-doing the pages I have before adding the 27 more pages I have completed and are ready to publish!

Thinking aloud like this in a Forum in the company of esteemed peers is a privilege! Thanks, Generals, and thanks to VodaHost....

Comment

General Naval!

Apparently my 90% solution is still not good enough!

Now that I have a functional iFrame and Menu *******tion properly set up, is there a reason my elements in the iFrame are "ghosting" borders and edges?
                        By this I mean my "Go Menus" are seemingly duplicating edges of their boxes and appearing very sloppy. There are no copied elements either under the items or under the shape to make it seem duplicated over each other, and I can't move forward until this obvious flaw is corrected.

Would you mind taking a peek to see if you can figure it out?
                        My "iframemenu" page and a "test index page" were set up before I went ahead and re-did my entire site (which I had planned on finishing by Friday).

Thanks....
                        (Oh! And Good Morning!)

Comment

Hi Vasili, i checked it and see no problem. The edges and borders are *****, clean, no "ghosting".
                          Navaldesign

Comment

All happy with this I-framesolution, only one thing: the BV menubar (on the I-frame page) get's covered by a picture on one of the other pages. Moving front or back doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Check this link for the problem: http://www.bouwteam.werkenindebouw.c...eel_index.html

Move your cursor to: 'Verdien ik wel genoeg' under the green men.

Thanx

Paul

Comment

You seem to have sorted it now. It looked fine to me.

Just a tip - your page is untitled, you should give it a name (like home page)
                              Trish
                              www.Limebrook.com
                              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Yes, it looked fixed :( because I moved the picture to the I-frame. I only got into more trouble doing this, so I want to solve it anyway!

Please look again:http://www.bouwteam.werkenindebouw.c...eel_index.html

You'll see what I mean.

You are absolutely right about the title, but this is just a test-site so a title will folow!

thanx

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X