This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menubar in I-frame

I'm referring to the thumbnails that are under the transparent Iframe. I am going to make the menu font smaller so that it can fit in the margin, but if you know how to make things under the iframe clickable I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Labra Designs

Comment

I see 4 thumbs of different design elements, I can click on each and everyone to pull up the larger image. Are you talking about your slide menus? They aren't working on that page. As far as the I-frame goes it is basically a place holder for content from another page (not a transperancy) all links will work in an i-frame as they would on a regular page. We even make menu bars that load in i-frames all the time.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much for your time. I am in the process of changing the iframe, so it is no longer covering the thumbnails. I am going to put it back so if you get a chance to look at it one last time you will see what i mean, when the transparent Iframe of the menu covers the thumbnails, they are not clickable.

Thanks,

Rufino

Comment

It is working the same as it did before, I'm using IE, didn't check in other browsers which may have been what you were looking at. But in IE it was and is working fine.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Apologies, I didnt realize how different IE was from Firefox. Thanks.

Comment

hi mr. navaldesign

im ernie gabo
              domain name: ink-more.com
              username: zitjdflt

i have followed your instruction and i've done it.
              now, my problem is that... in my main page there is data in the center.
              when u browse to the next page... the data in the center also appear in the next page. what should i do in order for it not to appear in the rest of the page.

kindly check my work. http://www.ink-more.com/index.html

pls click the inkjet category.

Comment

Help! :)

I published my site using the menubar iframe method, but I'm afraid that the robots dont crawl the links. I used the sitemap tool and it didnt see any of the links in the iframes. Is there anything I can do?

http://www.rougerivergroup.com/site3/index3.html

Comment

I'm using <iframe> to contain 12 links to other pages on my menu bar so I don't have to update all my pages when I add a new one. I created a new page with the links and added the iframe code to all my pages and set the links to target ="_top". I got it working fine except when I link to a page the links in that page aren't recognized when I hover over a link. I have to click somewhere on the new page before the cursor turns into a hand and the link changes color. HELP!! HELP!! I am teaching myself Dreamweaver and I am new at this. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.....Roger Stiller

Comment

Will the Iframes work out on the webpage eventhough the site is not yet published? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Hi George (Naval),

I have finally finished reading this large post, entirely.

Since I could not understand I-frames in the beginning I have been using your idea of using a menu bar and the html box with locate statment. They work fine for the most part except on pages where I have 2 different menu bars; here I have been having extreme problems (unresolved).

What I want 2 know, what is the difference or benefit of using an I-frame vs. html box/locate statement.

Also, I am a bit confused as this thread is about I-frame and in post #38 above u talked about placing or centering the html box.... ????

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                      Aguycanbeachhostel
                      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "html box with locate statment". Maybe you meant "include" ?

That is a FAR better method than this one. I don't see why you have issues, you can have as many menus as you like. The include method is better because the content is in the page itself, so it can be read by SEs, on the contrary of an iframe where the content is not readable.

Sorry about post 38, This had something to do with the HTMl box of the other method, but since 2 posts by Sassa immediately before post #38 were deleted, it no longer made sense. He was asking how to center the menubar in the page, but he was refering to the Inclusion method.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes I meant "include". I'm sorry, this problem has gotten to confuse even me.
                          If you could possible take a look...I am about to switch to using I-frames if I can not resolves this issue.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                          Aguycanbeachhostel
                          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
                          X