X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell A Friend Script

Merry Christmas, General!

Just thought I'd let you know that I was thinking about you, and wished you the very best this Holiday Season and for the New Year.
    I will be in Tarpon Springs for Epifhany this year, and will remember you...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thankyou Vasili,

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year for you as well as for everyone in VodaLand!
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have been trying to add this to one of my articles to test it.

I have followed all the steps.

On submitting the form it shows that it is trying to load the '/tellafriend.php' page, which I have uploaded to my 'public_html folder'

However it doesn't redirect to the 'returnpage.html' which I have set up.

It show 'Cannot find server' page. So I guess it's doesn't not locating the php file I uploaded, or failing to open the returnpage.

Any pointers?
        http://www.myworldsouthamerica.com
        http://www.ethicalasia.com

Comment

It seems to be the same problem blnda84 was having
          http://www.myworldsouthamerica.com
          http://www.ethicalasia.com

Comment

The tell a Friend Script described here is now obsolete as VH servers now allow direct functioning of the php mail() function. So, just treat it as a normal form. If you have dificulties, just contact me
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Let's see if I get this right: you mean the script isn't working anymore? If that's true, I just waisted a day to get it working on a new website.... Please tell me that's not true and that I just did something wrong that can be fixed in a matter of seconds...
              Please.......

Comment

No, i mean that you don't need any more such a complicated script. It will work the same. Also, it is the only one that will work if your server requires SMTP authentication
                Navaldesign

Comment

Wow Naval, you are going to fast :)
                  So the script I installed SHOULD work, right?
                  Well, it doesn't, so I must be doing something wrong.
                  Could you please take a look at

http://www.couponearlywarningsystem..../diamond1.html

It's a subdomain. I installed all (3) files in the same folder as the page is. But for some reason no result.

It's a dejavu BTW. I had the same problem a couple of months ago on a different website. Managed to get it work then, but can't remember how :(
                  Your expert advice would be great!

Comment

Ok, i can't know why this doesn't work, without access to your site. Anyway, tomorrow morning (it is 22:40 here) i'll post a new script for the TAF. Just upload that on the server and you will be ok.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Cool! Thanks. It's 22.45 overhere as well. I was pleasently surprised you were still answering questions.

Have a nice evening - what's left of it...

Carl

Comment

Script and thread updated.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi you all,

I just uploaded Navals new TAF script to a website. It took me less then 20 minutes and it works great.
                          Even if you are a beginner, don't be afraid to try this. It's realy easy.

Carl

Comment

Hi Naval
                            I have tried out my tell a friend on several computers now and it is all good when sent to somebody@server.com /co.nz etc. and it works fine with somebody@website.com but it will not send to somebody********.com (I havent checked yahoo mail). Either hotmails filters are killing the message or the script is not sending? Have I missed any mods to the mailer script?
                            Please check out my tell a friend at the bottom of my homepage.
                            Thanks in advance
                            John
                            John
                            http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

The server sends the mail ANYWAY. It doesn't know the difference between Yahoo, hotmail or other. Probably a hotmail. . that issue. I also saw that there is no "Your email" field. Did you download the script long ago ? Some 5 days ago it has been updated, and a field "Youremail "added. Excactly because hotmail (and some others) are blocking emails if there is no sender email address. Could be the reason. If you have the old version, it would worth downloading the new one, which is also MUCH easier to install.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanx Naval
                                I've changed my TAF to the new script, works well and looks good. Still no luck with Hotmail... must be a Hotmail thing as you said!!
                                John
                                http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

Working...
                                X