• Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

Heres an alternative. LINK
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• tell a friend

Hello Naval, can you tell me what i did wrong. with my "tell a friend". the link is:
      www.videopostcards.info/bellavita100.php
      when i hit the tell a friend button the image is not in the box. i have put the images in top left corner and here are the links:

http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFreturn.html
      http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFspamerror.html
      thanks again for your help
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Re: Tell A Friend Script

Navaldesign

Have just used your Tell A Friend Script, as posted 27feb06, with a Vodahost TAF button. All works fine with the exception of one field background colour issue. You’ll see what I’m referring to when you go to http://www.leopardlike.com/about.html and select the Email a Friend button. As the popup window opens, the Friend’s Email background colour changes. I’ve cut & pasted, set, saved, published, reset, resaved and republished numerous times to try and correct the errors. As a newbie, still cannot easily read/find the problem to correct in the source code. Can you assist?

Rhon

Comment

Th epages i provided are BV pages, so the fields background color is set by you when customizing the page. If it changes between your BV page and the published (or previewed) page, it can probably be that you have the Google Autofill feature enabled. It changed the color of fields it recognizes to make you understand that these fields can be autofilled.
          If a visitor DOESN'T have this feature enabled, it will NOT change the colour.background
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

when I submit the tell a friend form I get the spamerror page. I only use @ for the emails but it still give me the error massage. Can you please tell me why? I dont use http or www.

Comment

• disappering taf replies

my taf form pops up fine but the sent confirmation notice does not, neither does the email go out... checked with different emails and they were not received.... please help, what am I doing wrong???
              THANKS!

Comment

Hbp, coralstar,

please get used to provide also links to your pages, otherwise it is quite hard that me or anyone else will loose time searching for your website / page.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Re: tell a friend

mrmagoo144

Did you get this one sorted out ??
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Your problem is the link associated to the TAF image. It should be a popup, but it is wrong. Rebuild the link correctly and test.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

i have fixed the problem, thanks
                      mrmagoo144
                      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

My form work great now, but when I go to my email I cant click the link. I see the link to my site but it can not be clicked. What can I do?

Comment

Hi George,

I just installed your TAF, and it works fine. Three questions.
                          1) Can the order in which the fields in the TAF form be updated to follow from top to bottom when the TAB key is pressed? Right now the TAB buttons jumps all over the form.

2) When using a hotmail address to send the TAF information to, it is blocked. I can still open up the blocked email, but is there a way to work around this? In your ABVFP software, I was eventually able to get it to send to Hotmail without being blocked by using the correct format in the "Your autoresponder From:" field which consisted of my website url without the http:/www in front of it. (As a sidenote, when I tried the form from your sample page, it also was blocked by Hotmail.)

3) The email that is sent shows the text with the website link, but your cannot click on the link to go to the website. Any fix for this?

As always, thanks for your help!
                          Rich
                          www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

1. Open the Taf form page, right click the first field and select Move to Front. Repeat for all fields in the desired order. Save, Publish, Refresh and test.
                            2. That's a Hotmail problem, sorry, i have no solution for this. ABVFP will (probably) be able to overide this, using SMTP authentication.

3. HOW did you type the link ? with the full http://www.domainname.com ?
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

Issue 1) Following your instructions on reordering the fields was very easy and worked great.

Issue 3) I originally had entered the link without the http://, which is the way your example shows. I updated the link to include the http:// and the link now works fine.

Issue 2) When you say ABVFP will (probably) be able to overide this, using SMTP authentication, is that something you are working to modify in the TAF.php file or is there something I can do on my end?

As always, your help is a great service to Blue Voda users!
                              Rich
                              www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

I have some small adjustments issues to. I have added this button and tab order is screwed when i am trying to fill up my name and email information. Keeps jumping into wrong boxes. How can i adjust that?
                                Also in firefox buttons looks stretched out so I' don't see half of the letters. Is that regular problem when it comes to Advanced buttons? please look it up. You will find this icon at the very bottom of the site ( in red ) www.reliableliaison.com/alicja.php

Comment

Working...
                                X