Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TUTORIAL] Creating a login script for multiple users.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [TUTORIAL] Creating a login script for multiple users.

Hi...I tried to create a login using the script that was posted...I uploaded it to try it and I am receiving an error message.
    The error message is saying the following:
    Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /homepages/41/d171920401/htdocs/Beta_Site/login2.php on line 9

Does anyone have any suggestions what I m doing wrong?

Thanks,
    John

Comment

How do you set up a database containing all of my member login info?

Doug

Comment

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/yumeqnm/public_html/login2.php:1) in /home/yumeqnm/public_html/login2.php on line 12

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yumeqnm/public_html/login2.php:1) in /home/yumeqnm/public_html/login2.php on line 14

thats the error message i get
        Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
        http://www.ffaproam.com/

Comment

The session cache limiter command has to be before the session_start command. Change your script. However, it can also fail for other reasons too. Please post here the first 14 lines of your script.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

<?php
            $usernames = array("user1", "user2", "user3", "superman");
            $passwords = array("pass1", "pass2", "password3", "supermans password");
            $page = "testlogin.php";

for($i=0;$i<count($usernames);$i++){
            $logindata[$usernames[$i]]=$passwords[$i];
            }
            if($logindata[$_POST['username']]==$_POST[be 'password']){ what is this "be"?
            session_start();
            $_SESSION[username]=$_POST['username']; Should
            header('Location: '.$page); Should be header ('Location $page');
            First 14 just incase heres the rest
            exit;
            }else{
            header('Location: login.php?wrong=1');
            exit;
            }
            ?>

Comment

I found these in this part of the script. There might be other errors. Please also use single quotes, as i corrected it.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i fixed everything but still get the same error message!

Comment

Did you place this script inside a BV page ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

no. I got to cpanel and then filemanager. I write scripts/edit/fix in notepad and then upload to public_html

Comment

Well, to debug i would need to install the whole script and see what it does. However, i see that you have a clan site. I beleive that such a script, where you should always update it manually, is not a good solution for you (i beleive that you expect to have many members, so you would need a script that allows users to register themselves, then the username and password are stored in a database, and the script would retreive the info from the database
                      Navaldesign

Comment

no, the script is for a friend of mine. and I dont mind managing his users. Also, he doesnt want auto registration. If you could debug the script for me that be sooo awsome!

Comment

also, navaldesign. consider writing a topic on a mysql login database script?

Comment

I do have a full MySQL login script that i created for my clients. However, it requires a registration form and some additional knowledge for installing it, since it is part of a major script system, it is not a stand alone.

Creating such scripts, and then creating a tutorial, is very time consuming, and since my work only allows for limited free time, i will do it when i'll be able to.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

thank you very much navaldesign

Comment

so. should I just leave this script alone for now or......

Comment

Working...
                                X