Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multipage Form Tutorial

Originally posted by navaldesign
    This is normally done with a shopping cart. A multipage form, can be used as order form, but you need to know what and how to do it, it is not as simple. You would need to place different submit buttons (Checkout - Go on shopping) then in the next page have a script that will be able to see what the visitor has clicked and respond accordingly.

What you are trying to do here is a mini shopping cart. As such, it has some aspects that need hand coding by someone who can plan it and then code it. If you don't have this experience, you should either use one of the many shopping carts around, or have this custom script made by someone.

Thank you for takeing your time to exsplain this to me. I was thinking it was something like that . since I have all the pages connected now and working except for the last witch get and error. I think I'll see if someone in vodabid would be intresed in the scriting part. Thank you and your right I'm not experinced in this.

Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

As i explained in my email, this by far exceeds what i can do on a forum help basis. If you are interested (as you say, by posting in bodabids) to have this done on a prof basis, you can contact me.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sosrry navaldesign I didn't get your e-mail it propbly got cought up in my providers spam catcher. I understand that this is to much to do as a help basis. I'll need a few days to see what funds i have to work with when I find out I'll contact you threwyour site. if you want to resent the e-mail you can try jolen@windameer.com .
        www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Hi

BlueVoda Forms Video Tutorial Part 1 shows the htmlcode being inserted between head tag, while later on down the same page it is shown as being inserted at the beginning of the body - Which is correct or can both be used?

Thanks
          Peter Baldwin
          www.thechristexperience.info
          www.thegospelofthomas.info
          www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
          www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

If you are talking about the Multipage form (as per tutorial in my signature) there are quite detailed instructions as to how and where you place it. I suppose you do, because you have posted in the Multipage Form Tutorial Thread. If not, and you ate talking about a simple form, the php script can be placed anywhere in the thank you (action) page html, it is not important where. And it is NOT html code, it is php code.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you
              Peter Baldwin
              www.thechristexperience.info
              www.thegospelofthomas.info
              www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
              www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

Naveldesign,

I was ok until we got to page two. Is this a continuation page from page one. and how do I create it from page 1.

Ming www.mingshouseoffashion.com

I want my page shoegallery to create the illusion that there is more than one page there. Please look at my site and tel me what I need to do.

Comment

I don't see what a multipage form has to so with your product gallery. What you want to do is create separate pages (each one with some of your products) and link them together with ANY type of link (like Previous / next arrows, or Previous/Next text links, or even Previous/next buttons).

You simply create and link your pages as you would do for any other pages of your site.

You can also use a single, long page and use bookmarks to move from a part of the page to another.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Creating Order Forms using Excel and maybe a database

I haven't yet begun building my site, but in contemplating and researching shopping cart, form, database, etc. options, I ran across a program that converts Excel spreadsheets into html or php forms for the Web. I'm wondering if the product can sync up with a database (maybe QB?) for providing the power that shopping carts can provide. I'm guessing so...If I remember correctly, Excel can sync up with databases. And if that has been done prior to the conversion of the Excel file for use on the Web, maybe it'd fly.

Here is a link to a sample (converted) form.

Here is a link to some information about the product that creates the conversion.

Regards,
                    Perfumer (feeling overwhelmed by what I don't yet know about website creation)

Comment

hi there

i would like to send a multi-page form to a datadase using ABVFP, but i am a little unsure how to do this? could you just run me through it please?

thanks lots
                      bluerovers
                      www.bluerovers.co.nz
                      www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

You must create your forms as per Multipage Form Tutorial. The last page form action, AND ONLY THIS, must be set to send the info to ABVFP.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

hello Naval;
                          I am using the ABVFP software. this tutorial is for forms not being used with that software. Is that correct?
                          Thanks.
                          mrmagoo144
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

hi naval

i thought as much, thanks for the help
                            bluerovers
                            www.bluerovers.co.nz
                            www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

I am using the ABVFP software. this tutorial is for forms not being used with that software. Is that correct?
                              Thanks.
                              mrmagoo144
                              ABVFP can process ANY form, single or multipage. If you follow this tutorial to build a Multipage form, simply set the last form (last page) action to be the ABVFP.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign, I have a problem. I created a fill-in form for my clients (http://www.serviciosdeimigracion.com/visaapp.html) but when I try to fill in the info, the curser will not go from intake field to intake field in order, and in fact it avoids 2 of the fields altogether. I've done about 3 hours of trials and errors, watched all videos, and nothing works! Is there anything I can do short of spending two days again constructing a new one?

second problem: when you see this form, it is quite long. Next year, I'm planning on doing this form in short takes, for example question by question, as some people have requested that in the past. I assume that the multipage form explained in the tutorial is one way I could accomplish that, right? by simply going from one to another until the end, I can take the client by the hand and make it easier for people who gets confused when seeing many questions at the same time.

Thanks for your help. I've read all your posts and spent time here and I've learned a lot. I'm new to Bluevoda but in 3 weeks I've done more, and accomplished more, than my previous 12 years straight with another service provider.

Dr. Julian Ibanez
                                12/25/07
                                San Francisco, CA
                                MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Comment

Working...
                                X