X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make a Favicon.ico and display it the browser address bar

I have not downloaded BV10 yet. Here's another method:
    Choose or make an (72dpi) image.
    Follow directions to convert to .ico format: http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/
    Place this script in the Between Head Tag in the Page HTML window:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" >
    FTP your favicon to your public_html drectory.
    That's it!
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

How to display a Favicon.ico

First, copy the file that has been sent you (called favicon.ico) into exactly the same place as your index.html page.

I JUST CANNOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS COMMAND.. anyone can translate?
      Thank you
      paul
      www.follownotrends.com

Comment

Open your BV web builder:
        Tools/FTP Manager/Connect (fill out the window) drag the favicon.ico from your file on the left hand side of the window to your public_html directory on the right hand side of the window.

That's it !!!
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

What company would you recommend so I can display my favicon all the time?
          Cheeseeeist!
          Cyber

Comment

Company?
            The web browser that a customer is using determines how the favicon is viewed.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

I know I've asked before but I am still having problems. You state:
              "First, copy the file that has been sent you (called favicon.ico) into exactly the same place as your index.html page."
              What do you mean by "the same place as your index.html page"? In ftp? Within the Bluevoda site builder? I apologize for the confusion on my part.
              Your help is appreciated.
              Thanks
              Joe

www.comic-art-ink.com

Comment

Comic,
                Open your BV web builder:
                Click on.......Tools/FTP Manager/Connect (fill out the window) drag the favicon.ico from your file on the left hand side of the window to your public_html directory on the right hand side of the window.
                That's it !!!
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...e-blueftp.html
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but maybe someone will see it...

I created my favicon. Thanks so much for the info. I've always wanted to do that. If anyone wants to see it, go to:

www.extremevideotraining.com

The others on this thread say that it works in Firefox, but IE has trouble. I am having the opposite trouble. It works fine in IE, but NOT in Firefox. I just get what looks like a blank sheet of paper.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

wow it is amazing how much you can learn from the research of others. I have wanted a favicon for my site for a while but had no idea how to do it. now i know. mine hasn't appeared yet but i guess i'll wait since Tom vR said it tooks his 4 weeks to appear.

Comment

yeehaw
                        couple hours later it is working
                        this is awesome stuff

Comment

Re: How to make a Favicon.ico

Hi there

For all of you who want to create a favicon (favorites icon) and are proud owners of Photoshop (versions 3.0 or higher), here's a link where you can get a plug-in that lets you make your own icon:

Comment

Thanks everyone for your knowledge and willing to share it. finally got my icon working. the favicon sites instructions didnt seem to do it for me but i copied n pasted a script posted here....and Bobs yer uncle!

I wasnt even a member, just joined to say thankyou, but i think i'll be hanging around, borderline loitering perhaps. is this forum mainly for people who are using this vodahost to host their website? im hosted elsewhere but theres just so much info in here i feel it will help me with so many things. oh and I aint even started threading yet whuahaha....na, all my answers are usually pre-answered.

Comment

Pretty much everyone here is, or has been, building sites using BlueVoda which is the free software offered by VodaHost. Since 99&#37; of people using BlueVoda are so happy with it they don't mind at all that they must then host their site with VodaHost. Also many people, having tested BV have then transferred their domain names over to VH!
                              One of the main reasons people are so happy with BV/VH is, indeed, the amount of excellent help/advice/tips to be found in these forums.
                              Feel free to stick around & discover new tricks & tips.......
                              david
                              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                              X