This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi guys. Well I did redownload and I did find the file I needed ABVFP.php. I uploaded it to the server as per instructions. Now I'm not sure exactlly if I did anything wrong, but as far as I could tell I followed the instructions to the letter. When I was logged in to use the software and fill out the information for the form, when I hit generate it just kept giving me a 404 error, page cannot be found.

When I fill out the form on my site, it keeps coming back with a error, saying "Illegal Form Submission ". I'm just not sure what to do anymore with it, all I know is I need to get it fixed. Is there anyway for somebody to get in there and have a look for me. I'm totallly confused on this now? Not even sure where to back track to, I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanx Davin

Comment

Davin,
      It sounds as if the config file has not been generated....check in your ftp program that all the relevent files have been uploaded and more important, check that the file sizes are correct.

I am sure that george will see this shortly and will sort it out for you.

good luck
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

It is almost certain that you have not uploaded all the necessary files, or that for some, uknown to me reason, the files have been set to 755 permissions (resulting, in mosy cases, in a Page not found error). If you wish use my form to send me your loggin details and i'll have a look at it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hmmm, oddly enough, your link says the page cannot be found. Unless maybe I'm trying it when your working on your site or something. But yes I would love you to take a look at it, that would be great! Thanx very much. I'll try the link to your form again in the morning. Thanx a lot, as I just don't know where to go with it from here. Cheers Davin

Comment

Sorry, i have misstyped the link to my form. It is corrected now, you can use it.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by ripperdav
              hmmm, oddly enough, your link says the page cannot be found. Unless maybe I'm trying it when your working on your site or something. But yes I would love you to take a look at it, that would be great! Thanx very much. I'll try the link to your form again in the morning. Thanx a lot, as I just don't know where to go with it from here. Cheers Davin
              Ok, everything fixed. tested your form and it works perfectly. here are the mistakes:

1. Your contact page was "contact-us.html" but in the admin script you had placed "contact_us.html" . The hidden field, which should be "contact-us" also, was set to be "contactus". So there were three different names, so the script could never work.
              2. You had given as thankyou page "thankyou.html" instead of the correct "thankyou_page.html" (that's how you have published your thankyou page).
              3. You had NOT published the ndconfirm.html page as per tutorial.

Also, you had the old version files, i uploaded the new version.

Edited the file on the server, to set the hidden field value in "contact-us"
              Regenerated the config file, to point to the correct thankyou page file.
              Corrected, directly on the server the Name field (it was NameRA instead of the correct Name-RA).

Tested everything, working perfectly.

You will need to edit your form page on your computer (with the above corrections) otherwise, if you publish your form again, you will have the same problems.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Just a few Q.

1. Must the permission of avbfp.php file be always set at 644?

No, only the "uploads" folder (or whatever else you have called it) need to be set to 777. the file "abvfp.php" should be in it's original permissions, 644 . However, by default when uploaded, it becomes 644.

2. In the tutorial, the last part mentioned permissions set to 777, it is for which file (sorry I forgot)
                As said above, only for the "uploads" filder.

3. How do I download the files sent to me? I am a little lost there.
                If they are files that can opened in the browser, f.e. images, you can simply click on the link contained in the email, and the images will simply open in your browser. Your alternative, is to connect with BlueFTP and download them directly from your site on your computer, excactly the same way as you upload files from your computer to your site
                To Naval and evryone using VodaHost and BlueVoda,

Merry Christmas and Have A Great 2007!

From,
                Tons Of Matters.com

Comment

Dear Naval,

Need your help once again.

I am experiencing multiple form error messages. I think it is a permission problem again.

Went to the public folder and try to rectify the permission, did not succeed. So here I am. I have a list of files which I have copied which are all my forms in the website:

File Permission
                  index.html 666
                  index_errorpage.php 755
                  index_thankyou.html 644
                  - This index file is working well, no problems -

- The rest of the files below are the problems -
                  registration.html 666
                  registration_errorpage.php 755
                  registration_thankyou.html 644

testimonies_postit.html 644
                  testimonies_errorpage.php 644
                  testimonies_thankyou.html 644

postanarticle.html 644
                  postanarticle_errorpage.php 644
                  postanarticle_thankyou.html 644

postaquery.html 644
                  postaquery_errorpage.php 644
                  postaquery_thankyou.html 644

feedbackpostit.html 644
                  feedback_errorpage.php 644
                  feedback_thankyou.html 644

I only realized this is happening when one of my friend tried to register and post a testimony. The only one that is working is the index.html.

Please help to see if anything is the problem.

Thanks a Ton,
                  Tons

Comment

Where's the link to download the Processor?

Comment

First post in the first page of this thread
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                      Newbies / Beginners Forum
                      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi guys,

Blue Voda has really impressed me over the months - now I'm getting better, I wanted to set up an uploading form.

I downloaded the avbf, etc. saved the files, published them, etc...... and changed the form for what i wanted. Then I followed the instructions for the formscripter administrator - disaster struck! All I get is a error message 404 file does not exist on this server.
                        I went back and repeated step by step - same result. I went back deleted all the admin files from the server and recreated from step 1.

Same result.

Can anyone help? Is it because I use Firefox on XP?

Regards
                        Tim

Comment

Please provide a link to your form page. Also check that the permissions of ALL files is 644
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I seem to have solved the issue here, but now have another - illegal form submission error message.

www.betweenassignments.co.uk/contactformbv.html

Comment

Originally posted by Thexton
                              I seem to have solved the issue here, but now have another - illegal form submission error message.

www.betweenassignments.co.uk/contactformbv.html
                              That's because your form page is called "contactformbv.html" so the hidden field should have the value "contactformbv" but instead you have given it the value "contactform". This way, the script considers the submission illegal. Correct the hidden field value and you will be ok.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

Thanks a million. The devil is always in the detail!
                                Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X