This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Thanks for getting back so quickly - yes I did read the tutorial and did everything I think I was supposed to.Don't know if I've got the wrong idea but in the tutorial it says " extract all the files to the same folder" When I do that the only files iwhich end up in the folder are the ones I mentioned above and not the rest. I've repeated the task several times always with the same result. I'm sure it's obvious but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong!
    Elena
    www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

If you look at the zip, you will see that there are a lot more files, if only those are extracted, you have either wrong settings in your winzip (or winrar or whatever you use) or a corrupted zip. But, if it was a corrupted zip, your software should give you an error message, so i suppose that you are NOT exctracting all files.
      Tip:

Double click the zip icon, this should open a dialog box where you can see all the files included. Keeping it open, open Computer Resources, and browse to the folder where you want to store the ABVFP files. AT this point, having both of them open, simply drag and drop the files from the zip dialog box to the folder window. This has the same effect as extracting.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help!
        After several more attempts I did manage to extract the files and upload them.
        Followed the instructions as far as typing url/ABVP/dbts_install.php into the browser bar. Then got an error message saying it was an invalid address. Remembering a similar post I look backed and tried to reinstall the particular file.
        At this point I noticed that my files with my images in are now empty!! I'm sure I've seen a post about this too but can't seem to locate it.
        How do I get them back please?!!!!
        I've had countless spam emails ( up to 50 in 1 day) from the form on my site so I was keen to get the advanced form set up but I'll maybe have to leave it to the experts!
        Thanks again!
        Elena
        www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

You do have a ABVFP folder, but there is nothing in it???
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again!
            I have no idea what's gone wrong. When I look at my BV folder all the files are there. When I uploaded them to the public_html file it said the upload had been successful.
            Now it's taking ages to open certain programs or closing BV down altogether. I'm a bit wary of trying different things in case I lose more stuff.

How do I get back my images and delete what I've done without losing anything else? Maybe better to start again.
            Thanks for your time.
            Elena
            www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

G.,
              I have not installed the new form yet. I don't see an area for the CAPTCHA validation?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Hi Terry,
                sorry, i don't really understand what you mean.

ABVFP now has built in captacha support, but you need to embed the necessary image creation and code input parts in your form. Open the contactform that comes with the ABVFP zip, and copy paste these parts in your form. Edit the URL (there are 2 of them) in the html box and you are done.

There are full instructions in the ABVFP tutorial.
                Navaldesign

Comment

G.,
                  I had the old ABVFP v2 without the CAPTCHA info downloaded. I have the correct one now.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Glad you solved it :)
                    Navaldesign

Comment

G.,
                      I had the old download.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

I copied and pasted the parts from the new contactform into mine. Changed the URL's.
                        Was I supposed to ftp the captcha.php file into the ABVFP folder?
                        No luck.
                        www.redhawk-archery.com/contactform.php
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Hi Terry,

If you have the OLD ABVFP still installed, it will NOT work. Upload the new dbts_abvfp.php , the captcha.php and the Jokerman.TTF files.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Done & Thank you.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Glad you solved the issue. However, it still doesn't work as it should, because it still doesn't "see" the code. Are you sure that you have updated the file dbts_abvfp.php ?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I did download the new files as suggested. Right now I am away from my BV computer for 3-4 hours.
                                CarbonTerry
                                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                                Zone 5 Photo
                                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                                X