This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

DB host: localhost if you are a VH customer. Other hosters might have something different.
    Database name: CPusename_ABVFP . This means that if you have created a database called ABVFP and your username is abcdefgh theh the database name is abcdefgh_ABVFP . CP username MUST be your own Control Panel username.
    The same for DB user: if you have created a user for the ABVFP database, and you have called this user abc, the actual user is abcdefg_abc.
    Password: whatever you have named your password when you created the database.

Comment

Ok, I got the form all loaded and info completed, when i hit the submit button to test it ,I get an error page, Can you help me?
      also where do I log into as administrator to make changes?
      I am anxious to get the form working. looks great

Thank you MUMU for the help

Comment

Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_loggin.php
        To make changes

Comment

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor - link to Contact Form

Thanks Naval for directing me to the ABVFP info which I have set up successfully so far.

I am not sure though now how to install it into the existing BV contact form on www.diannespain.com/contact.php . Presumably because this was an automatically produced form it looks like I cannot chage the "Action" field under Form Properties/General. (it is greyed out).

So, do this mean I need to manually build a new form. If so, where have the tutorials 1 and 2 gone. The only videos now are for the Form Wizard.

Thanks,
          Cheers,
          Muzz

Comment

durrrrrrrrrrrr! Forget all this in previous post...I am on to it now!!!!!
            Cheers,
            Muzz

Comment

• ABVFP - just a problem with reset button

Woohoo. I have almost got this already operational on www.diannespain.com/contactform.php

However - a Reset button did not come with the form and from what I gather from the pdf instructions - there should be one. So I put one in based on the old automated contact from from www.diannespain.com/contact.php

It didn.t work. The reset does not seen to be hidden anywhere.
              Cheers,
              Muzz

Comment

• ABVFP not working - only get error page

Hi, my web site is; www.americaneaglesigning.com. I downloaded ABVFP and completed everything according to the instructions. Unfortunately it's not working. When I click on the submit button i get the "error" page. I don't see anything wrong???

Comment

You do have some problems, but the main one is that you get a "Illegal form submission" error. This means that the form URL, as provided in the ABVFP control panel, is not correct. Check it.

Then, you also have a problem with the captch: the code of the captcha has 2 positions where you need to change the www.yourdomain.com.... you only changed the first, so the image renewal doesn't work.

Javascript validation: it doesn't work, because you have named your form 2Contact form" . Replace the white space with an underscore: "Contact_form"

Field order is not correct, you need to fix it.

And, of course, the error page is the default one that came with the zip, it would be better if you used your own, built according to the instructions.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi! George,
                    May I know where to change the username and password to loggin to:

Thanks in advance.
                    PJR

Comment

Hi Naval,

I am wondering if it is possible to use ABVFP to create a couple of forms for this website of mine - http://www.calendarlettings.co.uk

The forms will be registration forms, one for the "Landlords" page and one for the "Tenants" page, purely to gather basic requirements from each.

I paid someone to build this site for me before i found BV, and they want rather more than i would like to pay in return for building two forms i would like added.

They told me they would use Dreamweaver to build the forms, do you think it would be possible for me to build the forms using ABVFP and once completed, pass them to the designers to be inserted into my site?

I was also thinking of asking them to hand control of the site over to me completely, so that i could add/edit/remove content as i pleased, free of charge. In your opinion, could someone with my limited experience manage this?
                      Is it more than changing the hosting and managing the files?

Thanks, Rez
                      http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Comment

Lots of question!

Originally posted by Rez View Post
                        Hi Naval,

I am wondering if it is possible to use ABVFP to create a couple of forms for this website of mine - http://www.calendarlettings.co.uk

The forms will be registration forms, one for the "Landlords" page and one for the "Tenants" page, purely to gather basic requirements from each.
                        possible, but since i don't know in which database the info needs to go in, i can't answer for certain.
                        I paid someone to build this site for me before i found BV, and they want rather more than i would like to pay in return for building two forms i would like added.

They told me they would use Dreamweaver to build the forms, do you think it would be possible for me to build the forms using ABVFP and once completed, pass them to the designers to be inserted into my site?
                        You don't build forms with ABVFP, you PROCESS forms. Have the forms built, then set them up with ABVFP if the database of ABVFP is ok with you
                        I was also thinking of asking them to hand control of the site over to me completely, so that i could add/edit/remove content as i pleased, free of charge. In your opinion, could someone with my limited experience manage this?
                        Is it more than changing the hosting and managing the files?
                        Your site is DB driven, as i see search features etc. Depending on the script and your experience tis might be possible or not. What can i say ?
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, Please if you can help me with this..

I get this...

There has been an unknown error during Form Table creation. Invalid Query = CREATE TABLE `_Form_Nr_4` (`Record_Nr` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, `name` VARCHAR(60), `zip` VARCHAR (30), `tel` VARCHAR(30), `email` VARCHAR (100), `size` VARCHAR(30), `number` VARCHAR(30), `comments` VARCHAR(500), `size2` VARCHAR(30), `number` VARCHAR(30), `Submission_Date` VARCHAR (20),`timestamp` VARCHAR (30),`IP_Address` VARCHAR (15) ) ENGINE = myisam;

Can you help me please

gmark

www.portret.is

Comment

You have two fields in your form named "number" . The script tries to create two columns with the same name, in the DB table, and this causes the error.

Please note the email filed should be "Email-e" or "Email-Re" (R = Required)

Also, none of your fields have the extensions that they should have for ABVFP to be able to perform field validation.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I got the form working so it sends me the emails, I'm not sure about the extensions though. Don't understand what they are.

The form is for uploads, it has three upload fields but I only recieve two files on email when I upload three through the form. can you advise me what I'm doing wrong there. My form is www.portret.is/pontunarform.php

Another question if you could kindly help with, how do I see the data that has been stored in the database?

With regards,

gmark
                              www.portret.is

Comment

ah well.. I just got three uploaded files now.? Don't have a clue as to what I did but it seems to be working. So never mind.

Many thanks for the help,

gmark
                                www.portret.is

Comment

Working...
                                X