This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have about 14 hrs invested in making this form work

I went and printed the detailed intructions posted by Naval design on 9/20. I followed them to a tee. I got to the point where I saved and published http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/ndadmin.php. I went to the site, logged in using the username I pre-defined earlier and pressed the login button.

I then scolled down to the Help window and found the questions and entries that were entered in the upper portion of the form. I was unable to edit or delete them, but figured that I can fix that later.

I pressed the "Generate Configuration File" button and received the error 404 page. It said that avpfp.php was not found on the server. I checked and found that is was there in the public_html folder. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. (?)

Additionally I went to the ndaadmin file and viewed it in html to ensure that my username replaced the "yourusername" field.

I expect a glitch or 2 working with these things, especially something complex as this. This form maker does more than I even need it to, but have not found anything else close.

I really need some help finishing this. I am sorry if I appear to be a pest about this one, but it is the key to having my site provide the features I want to offer.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Comment

Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

kenhansen:
      Your admin page comes up OK so if you have entered your username and hit
      login, the page should refresh with your username.
      At this stage you should enter at least the required fields before clicking
      the "generate button"

If you have done all the above and still get the 404 error
      check that your abvfp.pfp file size is 12k

Sometimes ftp programs do not complete properly
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have been to your site and I see that you are now using my form.....
        But that is not working either. You can send me the processingpage.php(or copy it here) and I will have a look at it...........
        OR
        If you wish to send me your username, your password and your server number, I will check your installation of Naval´s form processor for you.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Things are a bit messed up:
          1. You have changed my own script ndadmin.php action to be "abvfp.php". You shuould not have touched it, you were only supposed to change your password. You have alsochanged the form default values, thus showing everyone what your settings are.
          2. You have set the form url in http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactform.html

whilst your form is http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactus.html

It could never have worked this way. I'm fixing it now for you.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ken,

i have fixed the script for you. Please do the following:

1. In your form page, extend the form area to the right because at the present moment, name and email fields are outside the form area. Copy these two fields, delete them, and paste them again using the paste tool in the upper toolbar. Alternatively, delete them and create them from scratch.

2. Add a hidden field in your form . The hidden field name must be "ndpage" and it's value "contactus".

3. Set the action to be "abvfp.php"
            4. Set the method to "POST" it is Get now.

Save and publish.

After that you can customize your "thankyou_page" and your "errorpage".

Open them in BV, customize them, save them (with the same names) and publish them again.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have also published a new contact page, without touching your existing one. Have a look at http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactus1.html

and try it.
              Navaldesign

Comment

I don't know how you did it, but I do appreciate it. At the risk of sounding like a total idiot(which I am sure I have accomplished already), how do I transfer your copy of /contactus.html back to my PC in a bvp or php format? I tried editing the html with frontpage, but it did not give me the options you suggested. Should I be using form maker again? Still, I cannot see how to work with a html doc.

Your help has been tremendous, but your reply has left me confused. I don't mean to take your time, but I am so close now. I have printed every page of your post dated 9/20, and if directed on how to proceed back to those instructions, I am sure I can figure it out. My problem is your wonderful job of placing this page in my site is perfect, but in HTML. How do I get it back to BVP? Adding the hidden fields and setting the action to be "abvfp.php" seems contradictory to an html document.

I apologize for my ignorance and vow to understand this process better. Maybe I can help the next newbee and you can know that the help came from your mentoring.

Thanx again, -Ken

Comment

I'm sending you the .bvp file. Since some of the images might be missing, i suggest that you do this: open the page (contactus1) in BV. Open also your own page (contactus). Delete, from your page, the form as well as the titles. Copy the same elements from my page, and paste them in your own page, using the paste toll in the top toolbar. Save your page and publish it. You are done. There is no need to run "ndadmin.php again". I have already done this, and unless you change something else, this configuration file will work ok.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi naval design,
                    I uploaded the two php scripts but when i trie to open the pages only one works (ndadminhelp) the other ones doesn't (message enexpected files) and trying to open nadadmin.... just close Blue Voda (message BV enconter a problem ....)
                    I desintalled everything and redone it 5 times but still doesn't work.
                    What could be the problem?

Comment

You may have a corrupted zip file, try downloading the zip again.......
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
                        I have done it again 3 times. Same problem.

Comment

If its not the zip file and you still cannot open any of the other bvp files in bluevoda then try downloading a fresh copy of bluevoda.

If you still have the same problem after that then its something to do with your computer setup.

If you wish to send me your details, I will install it for you.
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

Hi David,
                            I got a fresh copy of bluevoda and... Yes it's OK!!!
                            Thank you Very Very much...

Comment

Testing the form I got this

Illegal Form Submission
                              The field Email cannot contain the @ character !

Email propreties set with : Email-RB

What can I do?

Comment

The email field must be set as -Re lowercase e. as writen in the tutorial table of extensions..

As for the illegal submission please post here the form URL
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X