Form problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Form problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

Please provide the URL of your form page. The page cannot be found probably because in the form properties, you have set the action in "action:php" instead of "action.php"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

http://www.swgart.com/info.html

I have the form on the same page as my general studio info

Comment

Yes, i can see it. The problem, as i said, is that you have set the action to "action:php". It needs to be set to "action.php". Edit the form page, save and republish
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes I see it.

Comment

It says the page cannot be found. In the address bar it says http://swgart.com/action.php

Comment

Have you published the "action.php" page ? I cannot find it. It seems that you have saved (and published) the action page as "thankyou.php". If you have indeed saved it as "thankyou" then the action of the form must be set to be "thankyou.php". Please understand that the form action needs to be excactly the name of the page with the script. Change the form action in "thankyou.php", save and publish
              Navaldesign

Comment

On the form page I have it filled out as

Form name info
                Action action.php
                Method post
                Encoding type multipart/form-data

On what I think is the action page It is filled out as

Title thankyou
                File extention php

Comment

Yes, but you must save it as "action" instead you have saved it as "thankyou", so you have two alternatives: you either save it as "action" (save and republish) if the form action is set to "action.php", or you change the form action to "thankyou.php" since you have saved the page with the script as "thankyou"
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I changed the form action to thankyou.php

It works thanks to you:)

THANK YOU GEORGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any suggestions on how to make my site better? Please don't hold back you want hurt my feelings.

I'm working on a logo and I will add more pictures to the showcase.

Thanks again

Comment

The only problem i can see is that some of your text links are non easily readable because of the combination text color/background color. It is a bit hard for my old eyes to read them. I suggest that you use bright colors (even white) on the dark background, and vice versa.
                        Also, since in the links you have already (inactive) the text relevant to the page itself, i find useless repeating it as title. I beleibe you should only keep one of the two in each page.
                        Lat, i would name the pages something like "Taxidermy Art of Stephen W. Goad - Homepage" and not simply "index" . Please note that the page name is NOT the same thing as the filename. Your page is "index" but it's name (the one that appears on your browser's top bar) can be whatever you like. For SE optimization name them, and also add metatags and page description
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George!

Looks what I typed in blue color !!!

Hi *****!

Thanks once again for the help! I have made as you to me have told to make, with what it has helped, but with forms there were problems!
                          1) When I shall fill the form and I do Sabmit I am am asked again with the password of mine e-mail ---I want that it was as on usual websaits has filled, has pressed SAbmit and the form has gone
                          On e-mail Host .How it can be made mine?

You have set your form "Action" in mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com

This is wrong. You need to install a php script on your website, in order to process your form info and send it directly to your email address, without opening your Outlook Express (or whatever other email client you are using).
                          The method of the form must be set to "POST" and the action must be f.e. "action.php" if this is how your php script is called. the "Enctyte" field must be set to "multipart / form data"
                          Hi George!Which is PHP script? That one:
                          <?php
                          foreach($_POST as $key=>$value){
                          if ($key!="submit"){
                          $value=htmlentities(stripslashes(strip_tags($value )));
                          echo "\t<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"$key\" value=\"$value\">\n";
                          }
                          }
                          ?>

Well I did that, but you say :You have set your form "Action" in mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com This is wrong.In tutorial 1 form you guys show as that way Check up: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/9349-bluevoda-forms-tutorial-part-1-a.html
                          The method of the form must be set to "POST" and the action must be f.e. "action.php" if this is how your php script is called. the "Enctyte" field must be set to "multipart / form data"I did that!
                          That you spoke all at a forum I has made!!! I tried to replace mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com on action.php is have given nothing! The question where it will be sending if is not present e-mail the address?? (action.php- it is not my e-mail)) If it is necessary to change in most script something ---explain that. I in general would set at a forum a concrete example on an example of one of real sites (let even there will be my site) how to place script and what is available under a name action.php in the given situation (form) (it can should look so>> windows@usinstallationservices.com.php??? ---action.php) I have already killed month of time and so has not received on it the concrete answer! All that I have received in last letter it too most that I read at a forum!
                          By the way at a forum: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-tips-tricks-shortcuts/10151-multipage-form-tutorial.html#post57100 This tutorial stands on the hypothesis that you are already familiar with simple BV forms, as well as with the relevant php script that is needed to process the form info and send the email in your inbox. If not, please first visit BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/9349-bluevoda-forms-tutorial-part-1-a-2.html#post86126 What script!!? If you will press on BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 - that will come in anywhere - there simply is not present that script!))) And so on a forum it is possible to wander in the whole days not finding the answer to the necessary question! You though check links (footnotes) where send custumers behind the answer? I Am afraid what not one I have come to such conclusions. I have shown only one example - and such links mismatching to a question at a forum a lot : ( ! At a forum of thousand Posts, and in fact it is possible to simplify this all to make as in the usual book folders and in everyone folder to give only answers to a theme of the name folder - then I think you have facilitated a life not only to us (custumers), but for you BV guys also! Excuse for frankness - but I thought for a long time to offer it to you! Michael

Comment

Hi George!

Looks what I typed in blue color !!!

Hi *****!

Thanks once again for the help! I have made as you to me have told to make, with what it has helped, but with forms there were problems!
                            1) When I shall fill the form and I do Sabmit I am am asked again with the password of mine e-mail ---I want that it was as on usual websaits has filled, has pressed SAbmit and the form has gone
                            On e-mail Host .How it can be made mine?

You have set your form "Action" in mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com

This is wrong. You need to install a php script on your website, in order to process your form info and send it directly to your email address, without opening your Outlook Express (or whatever other email client you are using).
                            The method of the form must be set to "POST" and the action must be f.e. "action.php" if this is how your php script is called. the "Enctyte" field must be set to "multipart / form data"
                            Hi George!Which is PHP script? That one:
                            <?php
                            if ($key!="submit"){
                            }
                            }
                            ?>

Well I did that, but you say :You have set your form "Action" in mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com This is wrong.In tutorial 1 form you guys show as that way Check up: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/9349-bluevoda-forms-tutorial-part-1-a.html
                            The method of the form must be set to "POST" and the action must be f.e. "action.php" if this is how your php script is called. the "Enctyte" field must be set to "multipart / form data"I did that!
                            That you spoke all at a forum I has made!!! I tried to replace mailto:windows@usinstallationservices.com on action.php is have given nothing! The question where it will be sending if is not present e-mail the address?? (action.php- it is not my e-mail)) If it is necessary to change in most script something ---explain that. I in general would set at a forum a concrete example on an example of one of real sites (let even there will be my site) how to place script and what is available under a name action.php in the given situation (form) (it can should look so>> windows@usinstallationservices.com.php??? ---action.php) I have already killed month of time and so has not received on it the concrete answer! All that I have received in last letter it too most that I read at a forum!
                            By the way at a forum: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-tips-tricks-shortcuts/10151-multipage-form-tutorial.html#post57100 This tutorial stands on the hypothesis that you are already familiar with simple BV forms, as well as with the relevant php script that is needed to process the form info and send the email in your inbox. If not, please first visit BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms/9349-bluevoda-forms-tutorial-part-1-a-2.html#post86126 What script!!? If you will press on BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 - that will come in anywhere - there simply is not present that script!))) And so on a forum it is possible to wander in the whole days not finding the answer to the necessary question! You though check links (footnotes) where send custumers behind the answer? I Am afraid what not one I have come to such conclusions. I have shown only one example - and such links mismatching to a question at a forum a lot : ( ! At a forum of thousand Posts, and in fact it is possible to simplify this all to make as in the usual book folders and in everyone folder to give only answers to a theme of the name folder - then I think you have facilitated a life not only to us (custumers), but for you BV guys also! Excuse for frankness - but I thought for a long time to offer it to you! Michael

Comment

Hi Misha,

i'm afraid you are a bit confused.

Ok, let's start with your questions:

1. In the tutorial, the "mailto:....." method is shown. However, if you read the instruction in the text UNDER the multimedia presentation, you will see that we say that this is NOT the recommended method. We recommend the use of a php script that will process the info and send the mail.
                              2. When you press the submit button of a form (whatever form) the form does what the "Action" field of the form says. So, if you have set the action to be "mailto:......" it will try to directly email you the info. For the reasons explained in the tutorial, the mailto method will fail in most cases. That's why we recommend NOT TO USE the mailto method, but a php script.
                              3. If you use a php script, the info will NOT be directly sent to you, but it will be sent to the php script. This php script will receive the info, and then it will create a mail and will send it to you. Your email address will be part of the script.
                              4. The script IS in the tutorial. It is not in the multimedia tutorial, it is in the text UNDER the multimedia. Please read it again. For your convenience i repeat it here:

<?PHP
                              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                              $mailto = "order@example.com";
                              $mailsubj = "Enter Your Subject Here";
                              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                              $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
                              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                              {
                              if ($key!="submit")
                              {
                              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                              }
                              }
                              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                              ?>

5. This script has to be placed on your site. There are different methods of doing this. The easiest, is to combine it in a thankyou_page that you create in BV. Please READ AGAIN the BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 . In the text there are FULL step by step instructions.
                              6. The other script:

<?php
                              if ($key!="submit"){
                              }
                              }
                              ?>

is the script that is needed for passing the info from page 1 to page 2, then from page 2 to page three. It has to be placed in a HTML box on your form (not simply in the page, ON the form area)

I hope this answers your questions. I will try to get some time to look directly at your pages to find out what your problems are.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George! I find out about mail script --that what I try to find a 4 days ago --and it help my pages :)))! Whether you can help me with my form? I cannot already understand a week in what my mistake! I have made the form on 4 pages - the last 3 pages work fine, but 1 page is lost - does not come on e-mail!
                                http://www.usinstallationservices.com/ it is my site, come on Windows (I while work only above it - allow to finish the god though it:)). I am online all time my ICQ 85-813-412 or Skype my nik Michael Vinokurov. I see you now in online too. In thankful in advance! Mike
                                P.S. If you need to come on my server - let me know!

Comment

Working...
                                X