Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email "Order" Form without PHP

First off Hello To Everyone! (Newbie)

Using the "mailto:..." action and bluevoda validation our form's data is attached to an email and placed in the outbox of outlook when submitted. How do I notify the user that the email has been created and placed in his outbox folder? Is there any way of determining if outlook or outlook express is being used? For users with outlook express the email is actually opened but not with outlook. I'm worried that even though the email was successfully created it will not be sent until users specifically send it from their outbox folder. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Re: Email "Order" Form without PHP

Do NOT use the email method to send the form info, use the php method as described in BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 (look at the text UNDER the multimedia presentation) and, if you want something better, use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Our website is not php enabled - hence Title: "Email form without php". I agree however, that PHP would certainly have been a lot safer. My problem is really alerting the surfer that the email is sitting in his/her outbox (possibly only for outlook) after the successful onsubmit event.

Thank you.

Comment

The problem is that the mailto: action will probably NOT work for many of your visitors, as it depends on the user's email client settings.

I beleive that you probably have some cgi-bin on your server, and if so, you can send mail through sendmail. That would be the solution for you. Check it out
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X