• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another..Mail-to Form

All dat stuff sound confusing!

Comment

Originally posted by machinist
      Also, I just noticed that while the form appears to work when the fields are properly validated, the email that it sends to me does not contain the information that had been put into the fields, nor does it contain the form headings. It is blank.
      Can't really understand what is going wrong. It works perfectly for me, and I receive both the data and the headings. Also, you get an error message in line 98. My script only has 64 lines so I don't understand what you or me have done wrong. Please give me an email so i can attach the file for you. Use the form to let me know your email. Please also change the youreamail@yourdomain.com with your email on Vodahost.

I also understand that you have not uploaded the rest of the error pages: Ifyou don't that may cause the script to crash. You have to create and upload all the auxiliary pages that I described.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by machinist
        Also, I just noticed that while the form appears to work when the fields are properly validated, the email that it sends to me does not contain the information that had been put into the fields, nor does it contain the form headings. It is blank.
        As a brief summary to those interested: the problem of machinist is resolved through private messages. It was all due to the method of creation of the php page . Indeed, in machinist's case, the script provided should be directly uploaded to the server as "feedback.php" . It was though pasted in a html thankyoupage, as indicated in some other threads in this forum. The interaction between html and php caused the whole problem. This is not the appropriate approach to scripts intended to be used as stand alone. If you have a working script, don't modify it unless you're pretty sure of what you're doing, otherwise it might cost you many hours of work to figure out what is wrong. I know that this is not the approach provided in some other threads, where thankyou page and php script are on the same file, but mixing the visual part and the processing part sometimes may cause problems.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X