X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidundalicia
    replied
    Re: From address in a form

Naval did all the real work.....but we both appreciate your thanks.

Leave a comment:

• wx4usa
    replied

Thanks NavalDesign and David. I appreciate you ! I know we have not conversed much, but I have read so many posts by both of you. Thanks for all you do.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I just explained it above. The "from" email adress is the one that your visitor enters in the form. If this field in the form is named anything else than "email", the script automatically uses your own email address as "from". In this case, it uses the first of the tree.

Leave a comment:

• wx4usa
    replied

I figured it out !

If I have multiple emails in the form properties dialog box, the From: address in the automated form email is always the first email in the list. Hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• wx4usa
    replied

Hi,

In the email the BV system sends, there are 3 in the To: line. These 3 addresses I entered in the form properties box.

When I receive the email, there is an address in the From: line. How do I change that one?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

If you are using the built in form processor, the email field MUST be named "email" otherwise your own email address will result as "from" address.

If you are using ABVFP, the email field MUST be named "Email-Re"

Leave a comment:

• wx4usa
    replied

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I have built a form. The results in the form are emailed to several e-mails. I want to change the "From" address in the automated form results email. Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

The way that I am reading this question is that YOU want to change an address that You have placed in a web form...Correct?¿

If so, then go back and fill out the same form again with the correct "from" address.

Leave a comment:

• wx4usa
    started a topic From address in a form

From address in a form

I must just be overlooking this, but how do I change the from address in a form results email that is sent when someone fills out a form?
Working...
X