Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ABVFP for navaldesign or David

Naval
    Thats where I found it.....isnt that a bit dangerous to publish that?
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Not for ABVFP. Without the database connection details, no one can install ABVFP so no form highjacking can occur, because the installation wizard will anyway refuse to go on if it doesn't first connect to the database.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for that info george................I can rest in peace now.............lol
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks navaldesign, I'll do it.

I just came back here because I cut the 'comment text' from my index page, hoping that broke the link.

I opened my 'comment page' and cut everything off of it.

I deleted the 'comment page' in my blue voda files by right clicking it, then deleting it.

I got an FTP account but still don't know how to use it since in file manager, then public_html I didn't see my created pages so didn't know how to delete them with FTP.

Then I typed install php address in my address bar and got the same failure notice.

Next here, I'll go back and follow navaldesign's instuctions.

Thanks, Shoemaker

P.S. I just deleted the ABVFP folder in my public_html.

When I downloaded the zipped ABVFP folder I unzipped it and all of the files are in a folder that I placed in one of my voda documents folders. When you say upload those files I'm not following to where to upload them from my personal document folder.

Comment

This feature was designed to make sure that the user has correctly entered the database details, however it also works very well as a security measure too....
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign, we posted our last replies within a minute of each other so perhaps you didn't see mine which is right before yours.

Thanks, Shoemaker

Comment

Originally posted by shoemaker View Post

When I downloaded the zipped ABVFP folder I unzipped it and all of the files are in a folder that I placed in one of my voda documents folders. When you say upload those files I'm not following to where to upload them from my personal document folder.
                I believe that you have not deleted all the ABVFP files, as i can see some of them (knowing what to look for).

Before you can upload them again, you need to create the necessary folder. Use BV's Blue FTP (in BV, Tools, FTP Manager). Connect (providing IP address, username and password, as you do when you publish).
                In the right window, which is your site public_html folder, right click and select "New Folder". Double click it to open it. Click that and create a folder named ABVFP. By default the new folder should appear at the bottom of the list. You can upload all the new folder, by selecting them from your computer content (left window of the FTP screen) and dragging them to the right.

If you are familiar with Windows's Explorer, then you will see that FTP works, more or less as the Windows Explorer does.
                Navaldesign

Comment

navaldesign, thanks for being fast on the draw.

I'm going to do all this now. Since I'm new at it it might be a while before I'm finished. I'll keep my eye on this thread while I'm working.

Shoemaker

Comment

OK, now I have this thread side-by-side with my opened file manager. I see 4 files with 0644 permits. would those be the undeleted files that need to be deleted, and only them? Can I select them individually and delete them with the delete button up in the menu bar?

Now I'm going to deal with the other part of your instructions. I'll keep this thread on my desktop.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shoemaker View Post
                      OK, now I have this thread side-by-side with my opened file manager. I see 4 files with 0644 permits. would those be the undeleted files that need to be deleted, and only them? Can I select them individually and delete them with the delete button up in the menu bar?

Now I'm going to deal with the other part of your instructions. I'll keep this thread on my desktop.

Thanks
                      The above quote is so the info doesn't get lost.

I have Blue FTP opened on my desk next to this thread. I'm connected and logged in. I didn't have to drag anything from left documents side into right public_html side. If I'm not mistaken all the ABVFP files are already in the right public_html side. So are the pages I created and images I've saved, and, as you said my new ABVFP empty folder. Do I have it right that I should drag all the ABVFP files into that empty folder?

I'll wait a little before making any blunders, but I'm here watching.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                        The problem with ABVFP is that you have uploaded all the files in your public_html. The zip instructions instead clearly state that you should upload everything in a specifically created folder (named ABVFP, but the name is not important).

Delete the ABVFP related folders from your public_html. create a folder, and upload the ABVFP files in that folder.

Just to show you what i mean, your ABVFP installation page is in http://www.electmagi.com/dbts_install.php
                        Naval is offline at the moment, but these were his instructions..........
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Comment

Yes, upload all ABVFP files, from your local computer, to the ABVFP folder that you created.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi David, It must be 1:30AM in Majorca, I appreciate the effort.

I'm in the process of dragging the files into the open ABVFP folder. I'm stuck with dialup for ten more days and it's very slow, but working. I'll keep working so won't continue keeping you up but I'll put my results on this thread when I've finished. The link navaldesign put up I'll assume that when I'm finished putting everything in the folder I'll just fill out that form in the link.
                            I'll still keep my eye on this thread while I'm working. Peace, Shoemaker

Comment

Your right about the time and Naval is just down the road from me in Italy, so its late for him as well
                              But I am used to the spanish siesta so dont worry about me.

I will only chip in with what I know......this is navals program and he is the expert............
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Gee, and I thought you'd be seething with anger by this time. I figured he might be in Italy.

So now I have 33 ABVFP files installed in the new ABVFP folder on the right side of my BlueFTP.

I didn't drag the BV files there since I think I remember David saying don't add those.

Since you didn't say I shouldn't fill out the form in the link provided by navaldesign I guess I'll go do that and then continue following the next steps. I'll keep you both informed, maybe not tonight. You might consider sipping a late night cognac (not the 103 yuk!).

Sometimes I must seem loony as Roberto Benini going stir crazy in a New Orleans jail cell. You might not get that but navaldesign might. I'll get over it. Maybe it's like having a baby. Ouch! it hurts so bad . . . then AAAAHHHH what a relief. Hasta Luego, and Pura Vida

Comment

Working...
                                X