Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Form Wizard incomplete and not same as in tutorials

Hi,

When I try to use the Form Wizard to create a new form based on a template, no templates show up to choose from. So I decided to build my form from scratch. The only problem is that the form action does not include the option "use built in PHP form process to send data to an email address" as shown in the tutorials but only "send form to an email address" which I chose.

In addition, there wasn't a section where I could state the URL for the success and error pages.

I built my form regardless, chose the multi-part form data, made sure the fields are within the boundaries and chose the php to publish in page properties. The only problem is, when I test the form and submit it, a blank email shown up. When I send the email, nothing appears when I open it.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

The page is http://www.nouveauwriter.com/student_survey.php

Thanks,
    Laura
    www.nouveauwriter.com

Re: My Form Wizard incomplete and not same as in tutorials

You have installed a previous version of BV. Download and install the latest version so you have the full Form Wizard features.

The blank email is due to the fact that you have used as "action" the "mail to" method, and have set the form encoding type to multipart form data. This encoding is fine for php scripts that process the form, not for the mailto method.
    Further more, do NOT use the mail method as most visitors will not be able to submit anything. You see, the mailto method relies on the visitor's email client (Outlook Express) which, if not setup to submit forms, will fail to.

Install BV10.12 and use the Built in form processor.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If you still have problems with your contact form, why not also consider buying a bluevoda publishable, ready built contact form.......
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign!

I downloaded BV 10.12 and re-created my form. Everything works fine now.

And thanks for the suggestion, David.

Laura

Comment

Working...
        X