X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forms to drag information to me.

Originally posted by Confused in Dublin
    Hi Again Naval

Tried the form on your site, it looks great but when I tried to submit it brought me to one of your error pages and indicated that first name and email where not filled in, they where filled in. I tried three times and got the same error. I will leave this in your capable hands

DaveK
    Ok, sorry I'll have it checked
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Again Naval

Tried the form on your site, it looks great but when I tried to submit it brought me to one of your error pages and indicated that first name and email where not filled in, they where filled in. I tried three times and got the same error. I will leave this in your capable hands

DaveK
      It works ok. Maybe you just filled in some letters for the email ? Because it checks to see if it is a xxxxxxx@.yyyy.com type

As for the error pages I'll have a look and see why it didnt bring you up the "wrong email" page. However now you must have mail in CP
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign.

One small error on mypart. The mail address for Cvs should be cvs@dksolutions.info and for Jobs jobs@dksolutions.info.

No mails have come in as of yet but will trial it later and let you know.

Cheers
        DaveK

Comment

Hi Navaldesign.

One small error on mypart. The mail address for Cvs should be cvs@dksolutions.info and for Jobs jobs@dksolutions.info.

No mails have come in as of yet but will trial it later and let you know.

Cheers
          DaveK
          Ok, later I'll be sending you the file so you can upload it directly on your server. The emails might not arrive to you because the script works on my server, so , being without SMTP autentication, it doesn't send the emails to you. When i put my email, it works great. Please create in the meantime the error and thankyou pages. Make them simple, you can always edit them later. Just make sure to name them exactly as they are named in the script.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign.

Just to confirm.

The pages I need to write are as follows

(Thank you for your CV)
            with navigation back to the main site and name it thankyou_page

(You have attached a file which is to large to be sent. Please edit or send in two parts.)
            On this page have a navigation button called back which brings them back to the form. (Not to sure about this one should I direct them to use the back arrow on the browser)
            This page to be named error_file_size

(Your have failed to fill in a required field please return to form.)
            Again navigate back to the form or use back arrow on browser
            name this page error_empty_field

(You have either left the email field blank or have submitted an invalid mail address)
            And again navigate back to the form or use back arrow on browser
            name this page error_email

Also should all the error pages direct that files need to be attached again.
            (If I use a back navigation button and point it at the page will this bring them to the details they have filled in or to a refreshed page??? your advice on this please)

Once again thank you for taking this project on I will find a way to repay your kindness

DaveK
            Confused in Dublin
            (PS the horse is not one of mine but I thought people would get a laugh out of it)

Comment

Hi Navaldesign.

Just to confirm.

The pages I need to write are as follows

(Thank you for your CV)
              with navigation back to the main site and name it thankyou_page Exactly. If you want i can give you a piece of code that takes them back to whichever page you want after displaying the Thankyou message for 3 - 5 secs, but it would be better if you put an Button, with the link of the page where you want to send them. Use the Advanced Button as described in the third question, setting the action to "Navigate to the specified URL" and give the URL of the page where you want to send them.

(You have attached a file which is to large to be sent. Please edit or send in two parts.)
              Again exactly. Put the Advanced Button to take them Back also in here. Of course we can change the limit to whatever limit you want, but a CV should nor create problems becuse they usually are 30 - 40 Kb

On this page have a navigation button called back which brings them back to the form. (Not to sure about this one should I direct them to use the back arrow on the browser)
              This page to be named error_file_size Correct

It's not very functional using the browser Back Button. Insert an "Advanced Button" from BV Insert > Form > Advanced Button set button type "On click" action "Go to the previous page". You can customize it as for dimensions, fill, border ecc.

(Your have failed to fill in a required field please return to form.)
              Again navigate back to the form or use back arrow on browser
              name this page error_empty_field Correct. Use the same Advanced Button

(You have either left the email field blank or have submitted an invalid mail address)
              And again navigate back to the form or use back arrow on browser
              name this page error_email Correct. Use the same Advanced Button.

Also should all the error pages direct that files need to be attached again. YES, it would be an apropriate reminder. Please note that not all emploees have a computer written CV, that's why i didn't make the file uploading a required field. Some may just prefer to fill their info in the text area
              (If I use a back navigation button and point it at the page will this bring them to the details they have filled in or to a refreshed page??? your advice on this please) All the details will be there exept for the attached file which is reset automatically

Once again thank you for taking this project on I will find a way to repay your kindness

DaveK
              Confused in Dublin
              (PS the horse is not one of mine but I thought people would get a laugh out of it)
              You can create a single error page, then customize for each case and save it under the correct for each case name
              Navaldesign

Comment

Brilliant.

I Will start working on that straight away.

DaveK
                Confused In Dublin

Comment

Hi Naval Design.

Have now published the four pages to my site hope they are ok. Should I go ahead and upload the script now or does it require any changes.

DaveK
                  Confused in Dublin

Comment

Hi Naval Design.

Have now published the four pages to my site hope they are ok. Should I go ahead and upload the script now or does it require any changes.

DaveK
                    Confused in Dublin
                    I'm changing it now, i'll email it to you so you shall just have to uploadit.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I have sent you the mail. Let me know
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hello "Confused in Dublin"

Came accross this website when looking elsewhere in the forum and it may be of interest to you as it seems to revolve around recruitment companies and their requirements etc.

http://www.dieselscripts.com

Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks for that will certainly have a look

Comment

Working...
                          X