Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi, navaldesign,

I do need your help. Please help.

About me
    domain: ls-jp.come
    ID: svfndwyw
    About my problem
    1) when using ABVFP, messages coming to my mailbox are scramble. I can change chararcter code to utf8 and display the message via outlook express. but when using webmails, such as gmail, i have to way to view the message.
    2) data stored in the database are all cramble
    3) before installing abvfp, there had no problem with the built-in php form processor. But now when switching back to the built-in php form processor, even if i checked "data required", form can be submitted even with nothing filled out.

Please help.

Comment

If you are using UTF8, the database also should be set so.
      ABVFP by default uses ISO 8859-1 so you need to edit the code and reupload the file.

3) this has nothing to do with ABVFP: look at how you have named your form, the form name should not contain any white spaces or symbols.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,

Are you still providing support for customers for ABVFP at your site? I submitted a request 4 or 5 days ago and have only received tue auto-response. Thanks Preston

Comment

hi,everybody,

my domain is "ls-jp.com", my ID is "svfndwyw". Here is my page with a form: http://www.ls-jp.com/translation.php

my problem:

I am using ABVFP. everything seems ok except the autoresponder mail subject, mail header and ect. which does not display Japanese, either the database. There is no problem with form data itself.

I guess it might be because the character set. I went to phpMyadmin, and found the character set for the information_schema data base is "utf8_general_ci". I guess it should be changed "utf8_unicode_ci". But it seems that this database is uneditable. Please advice me how to solve this problem.

Comment

Hi Naval,

I've been using ABVFP successfully for about a year and a half. Great product!

For some reason I can't find, for the last month, when users submit my form, I am not getting the results emailed to me anymore. The user gets the auto-responder but the form result is no longer mailing to me. I haven't changed my email, it's not in the junk mail folder, it's just not coming through.

How can I troubleshoot this? Anything you can think of that might be preventing the mailing to me? Thanks so much!!

Comment

If the script sends the autoresponder mail, it means that it does work. If you get no mails, it can be an issue with your ISP blocking them, in which case i suggest that you change the email address to one within your own domain and check directly in your webmail.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello George,

I am having a problem with ABVFP when I press the submit button I get an error message: Illegal Form Submission
                What am I doing wrong?
                Saludos

Comment

Probably the form URL (as typed in your menus and as it appears in the browser address bar) is different from the one typed in the ABVFP control panel: probbaly a missin www or http: in one of the two.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

Have a question, I installed the ABVFP in my adondomain is that oke to! Sorry if its a stupid question but have to learn and have no idear!

Thx

Comment

Yes, you can install ABVFP in a subdomain.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I have installed and built a number of forms using the ABVFP.
                        And now I tried to login the modify some of the forms and the login was not successful.
                        The response was "Incorrect login"
                        I think I have forgot the user name and password.
                        What should I do to get back to the forms that I have built up.

Comment

Connect with FTP to your hostinng account.
                          Browse into the ABVFP folder.
                          Find and double click the file "dbts_ABVFP_config.php"

It will open in Notepad and you will be able to recover your details.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

Out of the blue, I am getting the following errors upon both the submission of my form from holtsports.org/register.html and when I try to update my Registration Form (2) at holtsports.org/ABVFP. Checked permissions, for the ABVFP folder it's 755, files within the folder are 644. Here's the messages:
                            --------------------------------
                            Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_0a2cd1b80e403eb0037175ae98a1a1ae, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in /home/xbewgmyp/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_formsetup.php on line 11

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xbewgmyp/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_formsetup.php:11) in /home/xbewgmyp/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_formsetup.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xbewgmyp/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_formsetup.php:11) in /home/xbewgmyp/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_formsetup.php on line 182

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_0a2cd1b80e403eb0037175ae98a1a1ae, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
                            ---------------------------------
                            VodaHost made me upgrade my BV to ver 11 since they were moving my server and I supposedly needed the new IP. Got any idea what's wrong? I've changed nothing and this has worked for almost two years. Thanks!

Comment

If you are on Voda6, this is an issue with the server that will be fixed ASAP
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Actually, I'm on Voda17 and it looks like as mysteriously as it happened last night, it's fixed just now. ???? The monkeys in the back room jostled the switches with their elbows, I guess. Thank you monkeys, and thanks, Naval!

Comment

Working...
                                X