This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

The "index" page included in the zip must be uploaded in the "ABVFP" folder.

In the main site publish your own index page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
      When I click on 'submit' with no fields filled in, it takes me through to the Thank you page. These are the values submitted:
      Values submitted from web site form:
      Formid : 2
      Name-RA :
      Last Name-RA :
      Email-Re :
      Mobile-A :
      Country-A : United States

Could you please take a look

Thanks
      David Meikle

Comment

You are using the built in form processor, not ABVFP, so validation through the fieldname extension is not possible.

You can use the BlueVoda built in validation (which however is Javascript, so will work with most "normal" visitors but not with a probable hacker)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
          I don't understand. I have downloaded ABVFP and used the contact form, thank you page and error page. I have just removed the fields I did not want to use.
          How do i make it work?
          Regards
          David Meikle

Comment

The form action has been changed probably because you checked the "Use built in Form Processor" checkbox in the Form Properties dialog box. Whan you check that, the original form settings are automatically changed to be as required by the built in form processor.

You need to read the manual to see how to setup correctly the form "method", "action" and "encoding type" as well as the "Formid" hidden field and its value.
            Navaldesign

Comment

OK, I'm obviously no good at this. I have been trying for about 10 days to get this set up right. I hate to give up but I'm beat. Can you set it all up for me please and what is the cost?
              Thank you
              David Meikle

Comment

Hi

Sorry, I got a little frustrated. I have unchecked the "Use built in Form Processor" box and entered the relevant info from the tutorial into 'action, method and encoding type'. The hidden field is Formid 2.
                Now I cannot get the thank you page or error page to work.
                I'm getting this error; Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.
                Help!!
                David Meikle

Comment

How did you type the "thankyou" and "error" page URLs in the ABVFP control panel ?

Type the FULL link: http://www.yourdomain.com/pagename.html
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi
                    I think I typed them in as per the tutorial.
                    ie: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/thankyou_page.html
                    I need to check, but ABVFP control panel is rejecting my password and does not recognize my Email address. I need to re-set the info. How can I do this?
                    Regards
                    David Meikle

Comment

Hi
                      I just clicked on the above link to the thankyou page and entered the link to the error page and they both published.

Comment

Hi I am just downloading the ABVFP control panel and entering all the info reqd.
                        Should I create automatically the database table or should I create my own?
                        Which is the best option?
                        Regards
                        David Meikle

Comment

You have to create the Database in your CPanel.

Tables, instead, will be automatically created by the script.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi

Yeah, done that, the administrator's area give the option of creating a database table automatically or not.

Comment

Hi Navaldesign

I have finally got everything working except the thank you and error pages.
                              When I click on submit, either having filled in the fields or not, I am getting a blank page and the browser reads "http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/dbts_abvfp.php"

In the action page in form properties, I have entered: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php. Is this correct?

In the ABVFP admin area I have entered: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/thankyou_page.html

Can you please advise.
                              Thank you
                              David Meikle

Comment

There is no reason why the script will not redirect correctly unless you have somehow mistaken the URLs. Do you receive the mails from the form ?
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X