Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi,
    Ok Thank you
    Eva

Comment

Hi,
      I did go to your Home page DBTechnosystems.com and filled up Contact form.
      Thank you Eva

Comment

I deleted and recreated your Database , added user, granted permissions, installed ABVFP. You should receive the automated email with the installation details.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,
          I got e-mail. What was the problem?
          When you where installing ABVFP did you put CPmyname_ABVP or without CP
          Where Permissions correct (I did check them),. I just would like to know where I did make error
          Thank you very much Eva

Comment

The details i used are the ones contained in the automated email.

I don't know where you have mistaken, since i can't afford the time necessary to debug, i simply deleted and recreated with new details.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi ,
              I understand. Can you just tell me, when you where installing ABVFP did you put CPmyname_ABVP or without CP in installation tutorial
              Thank you
              Eva

Comment

As i said: look at the email you received, i used EXCACTLY what is in there

CPyourname_ABVFP means that if your control panel username is, in example "hgJklty" that should be "hgJklty_ABVFP"
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,
                  Thank you
                  Eva

Comment

Hello Navaldesign,

Here is what I get when I try to fill the form from my page ( http://www.all-e-services.com/contactform.php ):

Could not select Database. Please check user details !

What is to be donre to correct this?

Thank you!

Comment

The error message is quite clear: some of the details (one or more) are incorrect.

OR

you have not granted the user you created, permissions (ALL) to the specific database you created for ABVFP
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
                        I have new question for you. I need in my web site to have search ability to find members of the site by specific data for example: Country, State, City, Gender , Age, Hair Color, .. ect. which would be indicated in search form.
                        Something similar like in Soholaunch search from DB table. I can’t use that one
                        (I thing) because my web is built in VB and I didn’t like how the result table where looking and all flexibility of that program (templates). As I mention before I am new in building web sites. I will have pages in the site for each member. I cannot use eCommerce (I thing so far I see there) because I am not selling them :).
                        I did checked forum for ‘Search’ and also did go to , http://www.freefind.com/. All of them have one line search. I would prefer search from inside my web site, but if I have to, I would create DB table. I don’t know what will work in VB program and what program to use for it.
                        Can you please make suggestion what to do or use.
                        Thank you Eva

Comment

To be able to do this, you need:

1. A members script (where they create an account with the details (City, state, hair color etc). This would take care of feeding the data in the DB. Please note that for a field to be searchale, your input field should (ideally) have dropdown options for all of the above, otherwise, someone can put, as State (in example) Miami and another one MI . So the search would not provide reliable results
                          2. A search feature that would allow to search with one field value or a combination of values (State = MIAMI & Gender = Male & Hair Color = Blonde etc) and would display the results in a list.
                          3. Ideally, the members page could be autocreated retrieving the data from the database.

There might be some scripts that probably can do this (not sure) but not from inside BV. For a BV based script you need to have it custom made and as such it might cost.

If interested in a custom script, you can contact me through my site contact form.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,
                            I will Thank you
                            Eva

Comment

Hi again,
                              I did go to your Contact Form.
                              I don't have all fields with dropdown options in my (contact) Sign Up form , but I can change that. Database is there created by form. You are correct.
                              I do need that search feature that would allow to search with one field value or a combination of values (similar to contact form), and the members page with some kind of style witch could be autocreated retrieving the data from the database. Or I would created pages manually looking similar as I send you example, and than I would need just scrip for searching words In the pages search with combination of value (without database).
                              As I understand In that case each word I want to have included in
                              the search would have to be inside some code. It will have to something similar like in
                              http://www.freefind.com/ they have:

Identifying Your Items
                              (top)

An "item" can be any part of a web page, and there can be multiple items per page (like product listings, web site reviews, bios, etc).
                              Place the following tags before and after each item listed in your site:
                              <!-- FreeFind Listing -->
                              <!-- FreeFind End Listing -->
                              This lets the search engine know what constitutes an item in your list. An "item" may consist of any HTML at all. For example, the FreeFind library search has glossary entry items, FAQ Q&A items, and more all combined into a single list of "things a user might find helpful". A product listing item might include photos of the product, pricing, etc.
                              I don't know write scripts for website and much about it, even I learn every day something. I need to make this work.
                              Thank you for help.
                              Eva

Comment

Hi George,
                                Thanks for all your advise over the months,could you give me a bit of help with captcha.Do i use an HTML box under my form to put some script in to 'steer' it to the capcha.php file I have in my ABVFP folder on the server
                                My form is at www.compcon.co.uk/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp_2.php and I just want to put captcha box below.
                                Many Thanks
                                AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X