• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can Anybody Help Me Validating my felds

Navaldesign, You're the best!

Comment

yea really ,so how do i get the .html on the end of the site??

Comment

Originally posted by jabird60
        yea really ,so how do i get the .html on the end of the site??
        They are there already: you can't see them because the pages are in the folders. Just to convince you: open BlueFTP, connect, and you will see the folders you have created, f.e. the folder elitelifeshows. Double click on it so it's content will appear. You will see that there is a file index.html there.

The same goes for all the folders you have created.

Usually all the pages should be one level up, in your public_html folder. There was no need to create separate folders for each page.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

what if i re-name all the pages to like say the home page insed of having home page it be named home page will that work

Comment

what if i re-name all the pages to like say the home page insed of having home page it be named home page will that work
            Maybe i haven't been clear enough. YOUR PAGES ARE ALREADY HTML. The problem is that all of your pages are called the same, "index.html". And each page has been published in a folder of it's own. The steps to correct this, if you wish to do so, would be (it is the same for all your pages except foryour homepage, which is already in the wright folder, the public_html)):
            Open the page in Blue Voda. Change the menubar links, that for the moment are like: http://www.thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshows/ in http://www.thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshows.html . Save it with the correct name: f.e. "elitelifeshows". Publish it in the public_html folder, not in the public_html/elitelifeshows folder you have created. Repeat for all pages.

Please befor you do anything keep a backup of your original files, just in case ......

However, i repeat,there's not really any need to do all this.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i know i just figered it out what i did is i put a redirect on the address so if someone goes to thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshow it will redirect them to the address thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshows/index.html

I have a problem like bird is this script right??

<?php
              @$Name = addslashes($_POST['Name']);
              @$Gamer Tag = addslashes($_POST['Gamer Tag']);
              @$E-Mail = addslashes($_POST['E-mail']);
              if (strlen($Name) >40)
              {
              header("Location: error_name.html");
              exit;
              {
              exit;
              }
              if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $Gamer Tag))
              {
              header("Location: error_gamertag.html");
              exit;
              }
              if (strlen($Gamer Tag) == 0 )
              {
              header("Location: error_gamer tag.html");
              exit;
              }
              if (strlen($e-mail) == 0 )
              {
              header("Location: error_email.html");
              exit;
              }
              $pfw_header = "From: $Email\n"
              . "Reply-To: $Email\n";
              $pfw_subject = "Turnament Signups";
              $pfw_email_to = "turn@thiselitelfie.com";
              $pfw_message = "Name: $Name\n"
              . "Email: $Gamer Tag\n"
              . "Essay: $E-mail\n"
              *****($pfw_email_to, $pfw_subject ,$pfw_message ,$pfw_header ) ;
              header("Location: .php");

if it is let me know if not can you help me fix it . and where do i put it at like what folder??

Thanks

Comment

i know i just figered it out what i did is i put a redirect on the address so if someone goes to thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshow it will redirect them to the address thiselitelife.com/elitelifeshows/index.html

I have a problem like bird is this script right??

<?php
                @$Name = addslashes($_POST['Name']);
                @$Gamertag = addslashes($_POST['Gamertag']);
                @$Email = addslashes($_POST['Email']);
                if (strlen($Name) >40)
                {
                exit;
                }

{
                exit;
                }
                DELETE THIS PART IN BLUE. YOU HAVE IT TWICE

if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $Email )) This validation is for the email
                {
                exit;
                }
                if (strlen($Email) == 0 )
                {
                exit;
                }
                if (strlen($Gamertag) == 0 )
                {
                header("Location: error_gamertag.html");
                exit;
                }
                $pfw_header = "From: $Email\n"
                . "Reply-To: $Email\n";
                $pfw_subject = "Turnament Signups";
                $pfw_email_to = "turn@thiselitelfie.com";
                $pfw_message = "Name: $Name\n"
                . "Email: $Email\n"
                . "Gamer Tag: $Gamertag\n";
                *****($pfw_email_to, $pfw_subject ,$pfw_message ,$pfw_header ) ;
                header("Location: confirmation.html");

if it is let me know if not can you help me fix it . and where do i put it at like what folder??

Thanks
                There are some errors:
                1. Rename your fields in Email, Gamertag. Consequently change the script.
                2. Do the changes in red.
                3. Create the three error pages. You MUST call them as above. Then create also a confirmation page, called "confirmation". When you save them in your computer, save them with these names. Then publish all pages -the form page, the error pages, and the confirmation page, in public_html. To do this, when you go to publishing and the popup window with the username and the password comes up, make sure that in the lower part, where it is written "Folder", only appears "public_html".

4. Then create the php file as my instructions in other posts. Give it the name "registration.php" . Upload it on the public_html folder on your site.

5. Make sure to set the form action in "registration.php", the method to "POST" and the "enctype" in "multipart/form data". Save it on your computer, the publish it in the same folder "public_html".

If you have problems post again.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you Jabird60 but it won’t work cause even I can see there are many mistakes. To name a few:

-redundant lines 9,10,11
                  {
                  exit;
                  -error_gamer tag.html
                  -if (strlen($e-mail) == 0 )
                  -
                  -header("Location: .php");

Only one minor mistake can screw up the code.
                  I suggest it's always good to practice with a simplest form (only 1 required field) like I did. Once you got the hand on it, then you can start to make your own.
                  I just finished a form with 3 required fields successfully :)
                  Anyway, I am taking a long vacation abroad and won't be able to hang around this forum for a couple of weeks.
                  Good luck and take care.
                  Best regards to all,
                  Quy

Comment

Originally posted by quyhurry
                    Sorry to disappoint you Jabird60 but it won’t work cause even I can see there are many mistakes. To name a few:

-redundant lines 9,10,11
                    {
                    exit;
                    -error_gamer tag.html
                    -if (strlen($e-mail) == 0 )
                    -
                    -header("Location: .php");

Only one minor mistake can screw up the code.
                    I suggest it's always good to practice with a simplest form (only 1 required field) like I did. Once you got the hand on it, then you can start to make your own.
                    I just finished a form with 3 required fields successfully :)
                    Anyway, I am taking a long vacation abroad and won't be able to hang around this forum for a couple of weeks.
                    Good luck and take care.
                    Best regards to all,
                    Quy
                    Hae a nice vacation quyhurry.

And you don't desperate Jabird. Prepare the pages, upload them, correct your form and republish it, and provide me the URL to your pages. Let the script to me.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

ok i have everything published but i am getting a page can not be displayed the script that you corrected for me that is the regestration.php right ..??

I need a little more help

Comment

ok i have everything published but i am getting a page can not be displayed the script that you corrected for me that is the regestration.php right ..??

I need a little more help
                        correct, though it should be registration.php

Upload the links so i can have a look
                        Navaldesign

Comment

ok The Form is http://thiselitelife.com/signups
                          and the email error page is http://thiselitelife.com/error_email
                          and the name error page is http://thiselitelife.com/error_name
                          and the Gamer Tag error page is http://thiselitelife.com/error_gamertag
                          and the conformation page is http://thiselitelife.com/sginups/confirmation.html

if you need anything else post agan

Comment

Sorry but your pages aren't there.Where did you uploaded them?and please try to get used to typing also the .html at the end
                            Navaldesign

Comment

And you also have a problem in the form: you have named both the email and the gamertag fields as T1. Please correct them in "Email" and "Gamertag"
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I have to go off. It's 02:30 and i have only 4 hours to sleep. I'll see your posts tomorrow morning. Bye
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X