X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Set up a php page with a form.
    The english page works fine.

Problem with the French equivalent page. The links are all fine and there is no html corresponding page.

Following error message:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/hgkhsqrq/public_html/nous-joindre.php on line 15

Gone through all Forms threads, did not find answer.
    Did use the wizard to create page.

Thanks!!

Pierre

Re: Form - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

What php code did you insert at the beginning of the page (lines 1-16.. or the line it starts on to line 16)?

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i did not insert any code manually.
      I guess the error was inserted by the wizard.

I tried deleting the line at one point, did not change anything.

thanks

Comment

Did any of the settings you applied through the wizard have an apostrophe (') or a quote (") in it? Perhaps the wizard does not properly escape them which is causing an error.

In PHP a string is formatted like
        $string = "This is a string";

If one of your settings has a quote in it, it will make it something like

$string = "This is my string with a " in it.";

The string ends with your quote and then has the text ( in it."; ) that is just there, which causes an error.

Bear in mind it will most likely be caused by either a ' or a ", so if you have "\" in your text you should be able to figure out which one it is.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Started the page from scratch.
          Made sure everything was according to specs and it worked. Problem solved.
          It is just possible that I had created and deleted forms a few time on that page and there was probably some latent code.

Thanks for your help.

Pierre

Comment

Working...
          X