Can I put a security code in a form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I put a security code in a form?

I would like to put a section on my forms, that people have to put in a 4 letter code that changes every time. You know how some forms have a section that says put in the Nt4Gf in order for it to go through, but I would like the code to change every time. How do I do that. I hope this was not confusing.

Re: Can I put a security code in a form?

It is called captcha, if you search for that term (use the search button on this page) you will find many posts on this.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Do I need a security code in the form so spam bots cant use it or it is safe.
      if i should use a security code then can someone explain how to put a code in the form
      Kitchen

Comment

I have a good question. I was building out a new site and built a contact page. I then later lost all of those pages but I had them uploaded.

I went ahead and rebuilt a new site just for simplicity sake and now I am getting spam from the old contact page that does not even exist.

I ahve looked in my ftp manager in every folder and cannot find the stupid page and the butt head that is spamming is getting worse. The email is going through myusername@voda30.voda30.com which is the same place the new stuff comes from. This captcha code is very complicated and I am afraid I will mess things up.

either way the old one I keep getting spam from and it is not even there.
        www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Originally posted by thuydung88 View Post
          Do I need a security code in the form so spam bots cant use it or it is safe.
          if i should use a security code then can someone explain how to put a code in the form
          This post should help

Originally posted by kortia View Post
          I have a good question. I was building out a new site and built a contact page. I then later lost all of those pages but I had them uploaded.

I went ahead and rebuilt a new site just for simplicity sake and now I am getting spam from the old contact page that does not even exist.

I ahve looked in my ftp manager in every folder and cannot find the stupid page and the butt head that is spamming is getting worse. The email is going through myusername@voda30.voda30.com which is the same place the new stuff comes from. This captcha code is very complicated and I am afraid I will mess things up.

either way the old one I keep getting spam from and it is not even there.
          Whats the question?

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

The question is how do I keep getting spam from a contact page that does not exist?

It is like the from is filled out for each place in the form, but Icannot find the .php page with the form on it.
            www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
            X