X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevo
    replied
    Re: Bot Attack Prevention Help Needed

Thanks as usual, George. I'll revert back to captcha field, which I previously did have, but changed, as it didn't stop the bot attacks. If you subsequently do think of an alternative, kindly let me know...I'd be most appreciative.

Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Hi Steve,

I have had a look at the file you sent me. Yes, i agree that it seems a bot submission.
    Pls note that your question field will not stop them as it is Javascript verified (bots don't have Javascript enabled), so something different nees to be done. I'll see if i can think of something, but if it is indeed a bot submission, a captcha is far better.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

Naval,

While they don't appear to be manual submissions, perhaps one field (the email address field) is. When you've had a chance to look over the file I sent, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks again, George.

Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Ok, i will have a look during the day

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

Thanks, George. I've forwarded an example to you via your company's Contact Form.

Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

If captcha and question verification have had no results, it is probably a manual submission. There is nothing you can do about this. They are probably trying to hack your form processing script so they are testing in many ways.

If you wish, send me (through my form) some of the spam mails you are receiving so i can see what they are trying to do.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    started a topic Bot Attack Prevention Help Needed

Bot Attack Prevention Help Needed

I get bot submittals on one particular form on my site: www.irstnorcal.com/quote_request_form.php.

Form created using ABVFP2. Captcha didn't stop them, nor did an answer box, etc. Only got 1 or 2 a month until the past few weeks. Now getting several each day, all from gmail accounts. Online forum searches indicate those email addresses are apparently being hijacked. Names and IP addresses always differ. I've been using IP Deny in CP, but it appears that the baddies merely use another IP address, most of which appear to emanate from Eastern Europe.

Maybe there's something wrong with the particular form's script because only that form -of the eight on my site- is getting the bogus submittals.

Any help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com
Working...
X