Template created Contact form doesnt work on web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template created Contact form doesnt work on web site

I have created a contact form using an existing template on VH. I have uploaded this form, but it doesn't work on my web site. As another test, I have also uploaded another page called "P.I.P.E.S. Audits" as seen under the drop down menu "Tallemenco Services" and this page works fine. Can someone please check this out on www.talle.biz and help me out here?

When I set up the "Edit Menu Item" for the contact drop down menu, the link type is listed as "http", the URL is listed as http://www.talle.biz/contact.html Is this correct?
    Rob.

Re: Template created Contact form doesnt work on web site

just use the php as the extension instead of html. when using a form we will automatically save it as a php page not a html page. bv will do this automatically, so the link has to have the domain name/contactus.php
    it works i tried it.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks so much mrmagoo.
      I have now got the forms page up and running on www.talle.biz and it sends through most information from the web site to my email page.
      However, the Query field does not sent its information.
      FYI, In the Form Properties, there is the following inputs:
      Message = Values submitted from the web.
      Encoding type: multiport/form-data.

Any idea what the problem is?

Zylo.

Comment

The text area (query) is outside or exceeds the form boundaries. Stretch the form to cover it, and then move it by a pixel or two until you see the form border highlighted. Save, Publish, Refresh your browser before testing.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          The text area (query) is outside or exceeds the form boundaries. Stretch the form to cover it, and then move it by a pixel or two until you see the form border highlighted. Save, Publish, Refresh your browser before testing.
          Hi George,
          Can you please tell, how you can tell a form is NOT inside a form boundaries. I know to check from View Source but how to tell.
          And also hosted by who? Thank you.

Comment

The form is delimited by the <form name=....... and </form> tags.

If the code of a field is outside these tags, then it is outside the form.

OR

import the page in BV and you will be able to tell.

Hosted by who ???????
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hosted by who ???????
              I see from other thread that you can tell that the site is not hosted by Voda.

Comment

www.whois.is or www.whois.net will show the nameservers of any site
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Navaldesign, my form boundary was not covering the form limits. However, I have extended the form boundaries to exceed the form by 1/4" all round, saved, uploaded to a refreshed web site and it still does not print the Query text box.
                    There are other issues with it. This is the format of an email reply:
                    =======
                    Values submitted from website form:
                    Name: (shows correct)
                    Address: (shows correct)
                    City: (shows correct)
                    State: (shows correct)
                    Editbox5 (this should read "Country") : (shows correct)
                    Phone: (shows correct)
                    Email: (correct)
                    Button1: Send (whats this mean?)

Thats it, no mention of query text, but 2 other fields look sus.
                    Opening up page properties does not allow access to each of the field inputs such as when I set the form up.
                    Can you please help? I dont know how to access code, and would not even know what Im looking at anyway.
                    If there was a facitilty to sent an image, I could send a screen print of show what I mean.
                    Zylo.

Comment

Move the Query text area a pixel or two until you see the form border highlighted. Only then it will be part of the form.

Editbox5: simply double click it and edit ir's name to "country"

Button 1: send . Rename the default name "Button1" to "submit".

Save, Publish, Refresh your browser before testing.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hey, thanks Navaldesign! My form is now working and Im so happy!
                        Thanks again.
                        Zylo

Comment

Working...
                        X